Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs Michigan State Score Prediction Thread

TheVictors

MICHIGAN comes in as the favorite following its BYE week with Vegas calling it MICHIGAN -10. That is down from M -13 so the money is coming in on sparty apparently. The Over/Under is 41 total points for MSU's first game outside of East Lansing this year.

Looks like the weather is going to suck and since it's a night game, who knows how that will play into things. The change at QB for Michigan no doubt impacted the betting line, but so too does state's win over Iowa last weekend.

So post your score predictions with some supportive analysis if you wish and post whatever you want. This, according the the Free Press, is MICHIGAN'S biggest rival. So take that for what it's worth.

See you all at MICHIGAN STADIUM!

spumfootballsub10232414.jpg

Accuweather is calling for spotty showers during the day and mainly clear at night. Game weather should be solid if that forecast holds. Have a blast at the game, Vic. Go Blue!

Michigan - 27
MSU - 13

40-10 Michigan

Michigan's OL gets sick of the doubters and puts together their best game of the year.

Don't have a good feeling about this game. Call me paranoid if you want, but I haven't felt good about it since last season ended. I knew people would dismiss the 3-9 Spartans as dead in the water. Nobody is giving them a shot. That is exactly when these guys usually bite us in the ass. They were right in the game even last year.

All these struggles/concerns our offense has shown do not give me much confidence either. Hoping the guys really do rise up and play a dominant game, but I don't have faith right now. MSU has looked solid although not great.

MSU 24 Michigan 20

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm welcome to make a prediction but regardless:
Michigan 20
MSU 10

I think this is a field goal game in the 4th with Michigan icing it late. Both offenses will struggle largely in part to solid defenses, but in the end the Michigan defense is just more talented than MSU's and MSU's run game and playcalling is questionable at best.

Never been to AA but will be there tailgating/partying with friends this weekend, maybe go to the game if somehow I find a cheap ass ticket from someone last second. Hopefully the weather cooperates and hopefully I make it home without any black eyes.

Not sure if I'm welcome to make a prediction but regardless:
Michigan 20
MSU 10

I think this is a field goal game in the 4th with Michigan icing it late. Both offenses will struggle largely in part to solid defenses, but in the end the Michigan defense is just more talented than MSU's and MSU's run game and playcalling is questionable at best.

Never been to AA but will be there tailgating/partying with friends this weekend, maybe go to the game if somehow I find a cheap ass ticket from someone last second. Hopefully the weather cooperates and hopefully I make it home without any black eyes.

Of course you're welcome to make a prediction.

49-10 Michigan. OKorn is able to get the touchdown's Speight couldn't and the defense scores a touchdown in this one. GO BLUE!

Accuweather is calling for spotty showers during the day and mainly clear at night. Game weather should be solid if that forecast holds. Have a blast at the game, Vic. Go Blue!

Michigan - 27
MSU - 13

Forecast improving ..

..Nobody is giving them a shot. That is exactly when these guys usually bite us in the ass...

Ehh, not really. Only possible examples of that in the past couple decades are 2011 (@ ranked MSU) and 2001 (@ MSU & Spartan Bob). Only the 2001 really game fits that description and that shouldn't even be counted as a loss. Other than that, the MSU wins featured either crappy UM teams or very good and respected MSU teams. Plus, with the recent history against MSU - especially the last game played at Michigan Stadium, I don't think anybody on the Michigan sidelines are going to be taking this game lightly.

Intangibles aside, I do think this is going to be a very big challenge. I'm holding out hope that the defense continues to play lights out, but I think this will be the first time we see real chinks in the armor..

23-17 UM

Ehh, not really. Only possible examples of that in the past couple decades are 2011 (@ ranked MSU) and 2001 (@ MSU & Spartan Bob). Only the 2001 really game fits that description and that shouldn't even be counted as a loss. Other than that, the MSU wins featured either crappy UM teams or very good and respected MSU teams. Plus, with the recent history against MSU - especially the last game played at Michigan Stadium, I don't think anybody on the Michigan sidelines are going to be taking this game lightly.

Intangibles aside, I do think this is going to be a very big challenge. I'm holding out hope that the defense continues to play lights out, but I think this will be the first time we see real chinks in the armor..

23-17 UM

There were plenty of games early in RichRod's and Hoke's eras where Michigan fans were still beating their chest. That's what I am referring to. When Michigan fans felt overly confident going in and didn't give MSU their due credit.

Last edited:
I took "nobody gave them a shot" as vegas and the local/national media not expecting them to win. If you're talking message boards and general fan chatter, that could open it up. But as desperate as Dantonio is to get a disrespect edge, I find it hard to believe that he has his team reading message boards to do so.

Ehh, not really. Only possible examples of that in the past couple decades are 2011 (@ ranked MSU) and 2001 (@ MSU & Spartan Bob). Only the 2001 really game fits that description and that shouldn't even be counted as a loss. ...

I'd put the 3 OT game in 2004 up there as well. we didn't lose, but nearly did. I don't remember them being ranked for that one, but they broke a couple long TD runs to nearly steal it. I remember thinking how much it would suck to get upset by them.

I'd even put last year in the definition. they looked like shit, & I expected us to pound them, payback for the muffed punt win, but it ended up going down to the wire, being closer than the score indicated.

they're a pesky opponent.

that being said, going back to '01, I expected us to win every year from '02 - '07, and we did. I never expected us to beat them during the RichRod years, or Hoke years, so can't say any of the losses from '08-'15 were unexpected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd put the 3 OT game in 2004 up there as well. we didn't lose, but nearly did. I don't remember them being ranked for that one, but they broke a couple long TD runs to nearly steal it. I remember thinking how much it would suck to get upset by them.

I'd even put last year in the definition. they looked like shit, & I expected us to pound them, payback for the muffed punt win, but it ended up going down to the wire, being closer than the score indicated.

they're a pesky opponent.

that being said, going back to '01, I expected us to win every year from '02 - '07, and we did. I never expected us to beat them during the RichRod years, or Hoke years, so can't say any of the losses from '08-'15 were unexpected.

It did not go down to the wire last year. They scored a meaningless TD with no time on the clock to make the score look better. We were up by two scores the entire 2nd half.

Last edited:
It did not go down to the wire last year. They scored a meaningless TD with no time on the clock to make the score look better. We were up by two scores the entire 2nd half.

huh. yeah, you're right, their last TD was scored with 0:01 remaining. I remember there being more time left when they scored, and only Peppers running their stupid 2pt attempt back clinching it.

I guess I was still spooked by the 2015 finish, thinking they still had a shot.

Back