Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings 2 Senators1 shootout Final

Lots of penalties in period one for Detroit.. 5 I think.. 1 for Ott.

Who scored in shoutout .

Last edited:
Just saw the rest of Octobers schedule, lots of road games. Lots. I'm glad about the 4 points they've already earned..

Second game, second win, second time being significantly outshot. So far we are following the same script as last year. Any points are good, but this way of winning is not sustainable. The defense absolutely needs to improve still.

Second game, second win, second time being significantly outshot. So far we are following the same script as last year. Any points are good, but this way of winning is not sustainable. The defense absolutely needs to improve still.

I don't remember what the shot total ended up to be but I'd be curious what the quality of the shots were.. Because they weren't outplayed.. I believe at one time it was 28 to 27 in favor of Ottawa in shots. We didn't have many in the 3rd but it's not like Ottawa out played us in the 3rd.

I think there's more to it than just looking at total shots. I'm not sure I would call 8 significant anyway..

Last edited:
I don't remember what the shot total ended up to be but I'd be curious what the quality of the shots were.. Because they weren't outplayed.. I believe at one time it was 28 to 27 in favor of Ottawa in shots. We didn't have many in the 3rd but it's not like Ottawa out played us in the 3rd.

I think there's more to it than just looking at total shots. I'm not sure I would call 8 significant anyway..

It's always a bit relative, but 8 is over 25% of our total. That's significant, though easy to miss watching at game speed. Also, we've now given up 38 and 39 shots in our first two games. It almost doesn't matter the quality, those are terrible numbers.

Also, it's not as simple as looking outplayed (and sorry if that sounds condescending, I really don't mean it to be). The defense cannot seem to suppress shots. Every time the opponent gets into our zone, they are able to put a shot on net (often multiple times). That's a lack of awareness and positioning, it means the defense is leaving clean lanes to the goal consistently. Even if they are easy shots to stop the first time, it still means more rebounds, more chance for redirects, and more chances for flukes. It's not realistic to expect Howard and Mrazek to stand on their heads every night.

Back