Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Panthers @ Lions Thread

I’m more curious as to why Stafford has to run around in circles. Obviously he’s had to run for his life lately, but is he hesitating to throw? Are the receivers failing to achieve separation? Are the passing plays poorly schemed or easily predictable?

Yesterday was one of those games I’d like to watch again with different camera angles.

It was frustrating they waited until late 4th quarter throw underneath. Matt was getting killed with no protection Jim Bob and you waited until it was too late to throw the ball quicker. When was Fells finally targeted ? Mid 4th :/

7 of last 8 games are winnable.... but not if Stafford can't remember how to play qb.

Preseason, I remember thinking six wins after the @GB game was possible. At that time I thought if we could be 4-4 we'd be in reasonable shape.

Now, @ NO becomes a pretty big game but we've got a good track record there. Home vs Pitt is doable. @ GB? Most likely an L. Say they win @ NO and vs. Pitt...if you asked in August if people would be pleased with a 5-3 start, how many people would have been disappointed?

It was frustrating they waited until late 4th quarter throw underneath. Matt was getting killed with no protection Jim Bob and you waited until it was too late to throw the ball quicker. When was Fells finally targeted ? Mid 4th :/

There's a reason it opened up in the latter end of the fourth.. It wasn't the OC, or Matt or Fells etc but the fact Carolina was in semi or fully prevent mode. They had a 17 point lead.

There's a reason it opened up in the latter end of the fourth.. It wasn't the OC, or Matt or Fells etc but the fact Carolina was in semi or fully prevent mode. They had a 17 point lead.

I disagree somewhat. Underneath was open all game and other on a few plays Matt was just taking way to long to throw it.

I?m more curious as to why Stafford has to run around in circles. Obviously he?s had to run for his life lately, but is he hesitating to throw? Are the receivers failing to achieve separation? Are the passing plays poorly schemed or easily predictable?

Yesterday was one of those games I?d like to watch again with different camera angles.

Seems like I heard the announcers say that our receivers were blanketed on a few of those sacks. I think that's usually the case recently. Nobody getting separation or presenting themselves as a target for Stafford. We don't have receivers that get immediate separation, so our pourous pass protection hurts us in multiple ways. It just doesn't provide our weak receivers time to get open.

I also heard the announcers saying the WR could not get separation and that is what led to a lot of the sacks... Should have tried the underneath stuff way earlier though IMO

I also heard the announcers saying the WR could not get separation and that is what led to a lot of the sacks... Should have tried the underneath stuff way earlier though IMO

Too busy trying to establish the run. Idk, from the 2nd drive on was just an uphill battle. Immediate pressure on Stafford, with the oline looking like a bunch of pussies out there. This is the worst offensive line I've seen in Detroit. New faces, same sub par bunch of pansies blocking for our qb.

We need to stop being so predictable, even Cooter said he needs to "scout himself" better I recall reading in an article, and stop running into packed boxes on first down and maybe switch of personnel schemes so they don't know we are running with AA in and throwing whenever Riddick is in. Hopefully Staff isn't too hurt from the beating he's taken from having this shit line and we can get things right. We'll hopefully get better when Decker returns but that isn't for a couple of weeks and not a given he'll be 100% healthy or even any good again. We're paying that right side a lot of $$$ right now for mediocre play but Lang and Wagner should be able to get it right with more time. We shall see excited and nervous for next weeks game. It's a big one.

Last edited:
Back