Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Come ta Pennnnnn Staaaaaate (bash PennState thread)

link
1993 goal line stand "Welcome to the Big Ten" (first ever meeting between Michigan and PennState)

I think UM fans will have one more reason to hate PSU after this weekend...this game could get ugly

Remember how at the time this was reported as an example of Paterno's great, old school, disciplinary approach to molding responsible men? "He made the whole team pick up trash when a few players got in a fight." Turns out it was more like the MSU assault. A player gets in an argument with 3 guys, he calls for backup and 6 players go on a rampage for 5 minutes beating one person unconscious.

Remember how at the time this was reported as an example of Paterno's great, old school, disciplinary approach to molding responsible men? "He made the whole team pick up trash when a few players got in a fight." Turns out it was more like the MSU assault. A player gets in an argument with 3 guys, he calls for backup and 6 players go on a rampage for 5 minutes beating one person unconscious.

yep. the behind the scenes look at the myth-making is revealing.

while he was being lauded as a disciplinarian who came up with a creative solution to "punish" his players (none of them were ever suspended) the reality was he forced Penn State to fire the dean of students pushing for the players to be held accountable for their behavior. and he went on a PennSt sports radio show to attack her publicly.

http://onwardstate.com/2017/10/16/f...t-pro-paterno-anti-espn-college-gameday-sign/

FramingPaterno.com Founder Offers $1,000 For Best Pro-Paterno, Anti-ESPN College GameDay Sign

John Ziegler is a pretty shameless guy; you know who he is, right?

I didn't realize he's been at his "JoePa was innocent" thing for a while now, but deadspin did an article a couple years ago about how even the Paterno family asked him to stop.

FWIW Scott Paterno publicly denounced this latest attention whoring from Ziegler on twitter, and Ziegler attacked him in response!

John Ziegler is a pretty shameless guy; you know who he is, right?

I didn't realize he's been at his "JoePa was innocent" thing for a while now, but deadspin did an article a couple years ago about how even the Paterno family asked him to stop.

FWIW Scott Paterno publicly denounced this latest attention whoring from Ziegler on twitter, and Ziegler attacked him in response!

That's crazy stuff.

I'm curious if McSorley is out for revenge or still fighting off nightmares from last year's rendition. I'm not sure if I would call this year's defense better or worse than last year, but I would probably call them "nastier". Win or lose,
he's in for a long night on sat.

I remember when the Sandusky scandal broke, a coworker of mine said he could not wait for the nasty taunts to commence from opposing fans. he said "you just KNOW some fans won't be afraid to "go there" and it'll be hilarious!"

as far as I know, all we got were Ohio State fans' "I'd rather shower at Penn State than cheer for Michigan" shirts... which... GROSS. and Rutgers fans' "Beat Ped State" tshirts

pretty mild, considering...

drunk Rutgers fan "from Joysee": Eh, howdya like my new shirt!?"

Penn State fans: Ugh. classless. totally classless.

Rutgers fan: "Naw, this ain't classless. You wanna know what is classless..."

*all start beating each others brains in*

Just remember, their stadium is called Beaver Stadium. How could they not think of the implications of that?

from the onion (today): link.

also, Hey TomDullton, I still hate PennSt as much as I did earlier today before kickoff.

also: suck my balls.

Franklin is such a douche. thanks ESPN for bringing gameday there "to showcase this amazing university"...

child molester state u.

Back