Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Gaming

Old 08-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #1

Madden '15

Picked it up today and got to play a game. PS4 version.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the chance and what they think of it?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #2

For now I'm passing. I like the look of the new defense but I've been burned by too many Madden games..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 08-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #3

I have not really got into a Madden since Vick was on the cover. Just had to look that up...been 10 years. Coincidentally it is the same amount of time I have known my wife. lol

Just not enough time in the day to play anymore. Got a PS4, Wii, PS3, plenty of games...just no time.

I did by Madden 08, but thought it was pretty terrible and only played a small amount and then just gave up. I would like to play the new one if someone can clone me so I get the time I would love it.

Been playing MLB12 on my Vita during lunch breaks. That is about all the time I have for gaming anymore. Playing RF for the Tigers and in season 2023 I think.

Maybe I should try to the Vita version of Madden.
And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
I have not really got into a Madden since Vick was on the cover. Just had to look that up...been 10 years. Coincidentally it is the same amount of time I have known my wife. lol

Just not enough time in the day to play anymore. Got a PS4, Wii, PS3, plenty of games...just no time.

I did by Madden 08, but thought it was pretty terrible and only played a small amount and then just gave up. I would like to play the new one if someone can clone me so I get the time I would love it.

Been playing MLB12 on my Vita during lunch breaks. That is about all the time I have for gaming anymore. Playing RF for the Tigers and in season 2023 I think.

Maybe I should try to the Vita version of Madden.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
For now I'm passing. I like the look of the new defense but I've been burned by too many Madden games..
I still haven't had the time to really sit down and play. Hoping this Labor Day weekend will provide me a few hours.

My early review is that it's a pretty solid game. Defense is better. You can't just run sweeps all day and be effective.

I still hate the hurry up offense. It's too fast.....unrealistically fast.....but a lot of the major glitches have been fixed.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
I love Michael Keaton and have seen snips of that movie, but never the whole thing.

One of these days..
And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force.