Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Early comments about Destiny

dubbsco

No idea what it's worth, but people seem to be pretty disappointed in this game so far. Seems that the consensus is a pretty shallow shooter that is all hype and no substance.

No idea what it's worth, but people seem to be pretty disappointed in this game so far. Seems that the consensus is a pretty shallow shooter that is all hype and no substance.

FPS mmo..always doomed for failure. I didn't play it for that reason.

It was the most expensive game ever developed. Half a billion dollars.

And so far it looks like a polished Halo clone.

I watched a few vids of livestreams by gamers who got the game a few days early from Bungie, and aside from pretty sweet graphics and cinematics, it seemed a little, meh.

Unlike Mitch, I have no problem that it's mostly FPS, but it just feels like it's very unoriginal. I see this having similar success as Titanfall, hot for a few months, then quickly falling back into the pack.

I was hopeful that it would be a revolutionary-type game. Seems to be the same ol stuff. I'll save my money for Fifa and Dragon Age.

Newegg is awesome.

So sad that right now my PS4 is collecting dust. I've been playing a good amount of Wii U and still PS3 (Tales of Xilia right now)

I was hopeful that it would be a revolutionary-type game. Seems to be the same ol stuff. I'll save my money for Fifa and Dragon Age.

This. ...love dragon age. Maybe ill see if the ps4 destiny bundle drops around xmas time.

In all fairness, I haven't played it.

That's because I watched my nephew play it for about half an hour and I didn't really like Halo the first 5 times.

Newegg is awesome.

So sad that right now my PS4 is collecting dust. I've been playing a good amount of Wii U and still PS3 (Tales of Xilia right now)

How is ToX?

i'm a HUGE Tales fan and just ordered it.

Just finished it. Great game. Play it on hard, it's a challenge.

My backlog of games is too much right now. I picked up Fifa 15, and also decided to randomly buy Resident Evil Revelations for the Wii U.

Sounds like ill be the only one on here that liked it. Got it for xmas so I started a little late. But I like it a lot....sure it probably is a lot like halo....but ive always been a playstation guy so ive never played halo before. Its a refreshing change from CoD. Plus I like being able to "level" your guy. Right now its a funner CoD to me but it has the opportunity to be ALOT more with potential downloadable content. Raids and quests can make it more of a "end game" MMO if they wanted to go in that direction with a focus on needing a "fireteam" (guild) to get some of the more advanced quests completed. Throw in the ability to play the different classes, all having different abilities and its a way better version of CoD imo....

Sounds like ill be the only one on here that liked it. Got it for xmas so I started a little late. But I like it a lot....sure it probably is a lot like halo....but ive always been a playstation guy so ive never played halo before. Its a refreshing change from CoD. Plus I like being able to "level" your guy. Right now its a funner CoD to me but it has the opportunity to be ALOT more with potential downloadable content. Raids and quests can make it more of a "end game" MMO if they wanted to go in that direction with a focus on needing a "fireteam" (guild) to get some of the more advanced quests completed. Throw in the ability to play the different classes, all having different abilities and its a way better version of CoD imo....

I would have tried it if it was 3rd person. I'm looking for a good MMO, been awhile. Maybe EQ Next when it gets released.

I did finish up RE Revelations for Wii U. Pretty darn good game. Really gets back to what the series was all about. Not as great as RE4, but I had a lot of fun playing. Pretty difficult as well.

Back