Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mass Effect: Andromeda

i think they will bring him back as some sort of cyborg, with the ability to upgrade the robot parts.

Last edited:
I think he'll be involved in some capacity.

At the end of the good ending for ME3, the rock with him underneath moves a little bit.

Great, great series. ME1 was a little slow sometimes with the bland planets, but still great. ME2 was the best in the series by a long shot. The ME3 ending was so freaking overblown by the public.

I think he'll be involved in some capacity.

At the end of the good ending for ME3, the rock with him underneath moves a little bit.

Great, great series. ME1 was a little slow sometimes with the bland planets, but still great. ME2 was the best in the series by a long shot. The ME3 ending was so freaking overblown by the public.

Yes but the discussion out there (seems to be quite a bit) centers on the fact that Shepard would be old and dead even if he survived the events of ME3 before the alliance could reach the Andromeda galaxy.

My guess is he will have had a son/daughter with one of his/her previous love interests, and they will have taken up the N7 mantle.

Also the ME2 story was the best by far, but it really annoyed me how you had to probe so damn many planets in order to upgrade and constantly refuel. ME3 adding the quick melee option was pretty cool though. Loved impaling people on the holospike. coolest part of the preview trailer was 1:28

Last edited:
Yeah, that was a real pain in the rear, I remember that. But, it was a huge upgrade from ME1 when you dropped a car onto a barren planet with basically nothing on it.

Too bad no Shepard. That's like Uncharted 4 with no Nate Drake. I never did play the first but the second one was completely awesome. I enjoyed the 3rd as well, just not as much as the 2nd.

Edit: wonder what it is with the 2nd games? ME2, Uncharted 2, Assassin Creed 2. IMO, all were the best of the series. As for AC2, by far the best and the ones after have been stink-o.

Last edited:
bumping the shit outta this

already pre-ordered

Yeah, I just got a NVIDIA GTX 1070 so I'll probably be taking this bad boy to the PC.

Yeah, I just got a NVIDIA GTX 1070 so I'll probably be taking this bad boy to the PC.

Oh..I'm jealous. I've been on the same rig since 2009, minus a small upgrade here and there. I'm planning on a whole new build around the holidays after we've settled into our new house (that we've yet to buy/pick out).

Yeah, I got a best buy card for Xmas and I was trying to figure out what to do with it. I was basically all but settled on a Radeon 480x, and then I saw the benchmarks for the 1070 and how it absolutely blew out the 480x. So I figured it was only like 75 more so what the hell?

Sadly, reviews have been not kind to ME:A. Looks to be a mess of a game.

I'm reserving judgement. Have not watched a single video of gameplay, or read a single review (BTW I generally hate video game reviews/movie reviews, some dipshit has to critique something in his opinion and believes everyone will agree with his assessment)

Tomorrow I'm launching the game and letting it do the talking. My only negative so far is that a Tuesday launch was stupid....motherfuckers...some people have jobs during the week!

Other than that I'm still pretty excited, and after all some games got great reviews that I hated (Skyrim/Battlefield 1) so I'm not too worried what people are saying about it yet.

Game reviews are probably the only reviews I actually pay attention to. The sites are beyond thorough with the technical details, gameplay, and other things that you can't BS. Games that are generally bashed through reviews tend to be crap, and games that are praised tend to be good.

Movies are so subjective, games are different. And I think the reviewers tend to stay away from plot and story when making their final call. It's more about whether or not the average gamer would enjoy.

Thumb, have you been enjoying ME:A? I ended up picking up the DS3 expansion Ringed City so that's been taking up my time lately.

I have. For the most part it's been great. It's a BioWare game so of course there are glitches which they will patch soon, and some animations during cutscenes dont look as well done as the previous titles but combat and gameplay are hugely upgraded. I would go in to detail but I dont want to spoil anything.

All in all I'm about 36 hours invested and loving it and wishing I had more time to play.

Good to hear it. I may wait until it gets patched out to start picking it up again, I have a bit more to go with the DS3 Ringed City dlc.

That's the thing. I used to have time for games and back then there was not near a focus on open world. Today, nearly every big AAA game is massive and there's just so much to do. Ironically, I yearned for more open world when I was a kid and now that I'm older, I like games with a tightly-knit narrative and not too much extra.

I was going to start a new thread for this because i hadn't realized anyone was updating this thread. I'm probably about 2/3 through the game and just picked it up on my birthday (just less than a week ago). Here are my thoughts...

1. Story - Pretty much what you'd expect from a ME game. Some have knocked it, but I honestly don't see a huge problem.

2. Graphics/Animation - Honestly, they're beautiful...if we're talking about environment. You'd think there'd be more uniqueness when it comes to characters that have an actual role. Nope. I'll give one example. There is a female that you encounter that you can either turn into an ally or an enemy. Later on, there's an enemy boss who looks EXACTLY like her - right down to the tats, scars, and hair - the only difference is skin and hair color. I guess it's not a huge deal, but there you go.

The rumors of wonky faces and movements are true. From what I've seen, the new patch has fixed most of them, but you still run into the issue every now and then. Unless you really really care about these things, don't worry. It's not as bad as you've read/watched.

Dialogue - Some of it is shit. A famous meme right now is a female saying that her face is tired. Yep. That's real. And it is horrible. Again, even with a few really bad lines, it doesn't bother me.

Voice acting - Fuck me, it sucks. Female krogans sound like straight men doing a terrible gay man impression. Female and Male Salarians are much the same as well as a Turian or two. The main characters are fine with their acting and I'd say they are about on par with ME1-ME3.

Gameplay - If you enjoy ME gameplay, you'll enjoy this. There are minor differences and subtle changes, but they're good. I'm also enjoying the skill system and wide variety of armor upgrades.

Multiplayer - haven't tried it. Don't care to. ME should be campaign only, IMO.

What really annoys me - Why the fuck are there so many female Turians and Krogan? I think we saw one female between the first three games and there are a lot of them in this game. I usually don't care about this sort of thing, but it seems like they went out of their way to push them on us. They just seem out of place considering the ME world made it seem like the females of those races weren't active in politics, exploration, and war. Again, not a huge deal, but when a female krogan with a gay man's lisp is getting in an awkward fist fight with a male krogan, it just seems forced.

Note: There is one mission early on in the game where you can't interact with someone to continue progress. Not everyone has this problem, but I did. If it happens to you, go back to the tempest, then to another planet or the Nexus, save it, power down/close application, go back to the game, load your file, go back to the planet and continue your mission. Should be fine after that.

Final Verdict. I love this game. There are definite issues, but I'll probably play through male Ryder then start female Ryder and then use the male Ryder to start over again.

Back