Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Gaming

Old 03-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster View Post
yes it's the only game that's doing it. I just checked and i found one topic where someone said it happened to them and they've tried two different disks. There were no replies to his post yet. And yes, my ps3 is in a nice open area. no dust. I keep my games clean.

The game just came out yesterday it's the final fantasy x/x-2 hd game.

I'll take it back to gamestop and try another one...again.
I bet it has something to do with the game. I have FFXIII-2 and I've barely played it, but it seems to have a lot of little pauses where you wouldn't expect there to be a loading issue. I think Square Enix is just going downhill.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #12

Quote:
yes it's the only game that's doing it. I just checked and i found one topic where someone said it happened to them and they've tried two different disks. There were no replies to his post yet. And yes, my ps3 is in a nice open area. no dust. I keep my games clean.

The game just came out yesterday it's the final fantasy x/x-2 hd game.

I'll take it back to gamestop and try another one...again.
I was hoping you wouldn't say that! Square Enix has a history of sending out faulty discs and blaming hardware on it. You may get lucky and get a good one eventually but chances are slim getting it from the same vendor. Has the Vendor been receiving a lot of them back? If yes, ask for a refund and try a different vendor. According to the SE website, your system is compatible from a hardware standpoint. It is more than likely a quality control issue on their manufacturing side.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #13

Weird, I had Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3 but couldn't finish the game because it stopped working. Weird.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #14
Forum Manager

I hated XIII. It was so nice to look at and the story was okay, but the gameplay sucked. Way too linear and each "new" area looked similar to the last.

Somebody kill somebody! I wanna see a ghost!
Old 03-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #15

Quote:
I hated XIII. It was so nice to look at and the story was okay, but the gameplay sucked. Way too linear and each "new" area looked similar to the last.
No doubt. Maybe it was good I didn't get to finish it.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #16

I have a feeling your PS3 is about to die. That would happen to me ONLY when I played MLB the show. Its the content of the disk and it would warm up too much and by the 3rd inning would just go to a black screen. Couple weeks later I got the yellow light of death. At that point you can pay $80 to reball it and it will be a short term fix....maybe 6-12 months.....or you can buy a new ps4 :D
Old 03-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes0021 View Post
I have a feeling your PS3 is about to die. That would happen to me ONLY when I played MLB the show. Its the content of the disk and it would warm up too much and by the 3rd inning would just go to a black screen. Couple weeks later I got the yellow light of death. At that point you can pay $80 to reball it and it will be a short term fix....maybe 6-12 months.....or you can buy a new ps4 :D
I just googled ps3 reball. Thanks for posting that term. If something were to happen to mine...I might be tempted to try reflowing it.

Edit:

2nd edit: 1st edit was bad info

Last edited by Gulo Blue; 03-19-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
Weird, I had Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3 but couldn't finish the game because it stopped working. Weird.
Same issue as OP. Long history of quality control issue's. It's sad really because they have some talented programers.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulo Blue View Post
I just googled ps3 reball. Thanks for posting that term. If something were to happen to mine...I might be tempted to try reflowing it.

Edit:

2nd edit: 1st edit was bad info
Good luck with that.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #20
Forum Manager

So...just an update...

After all of your advice and reading on the internet, I concluded that my ps3 was probably on its last legs. I bought a new PS3 (the last of us 500gb bundle) and now the game works perfectly. Gave my son the old ps3 so he can still play his Kingdom Hearts. So, even if it craps out on him, I still have the new one.

Somebody kill somebody! I wanna see a ghost!