Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Gaming

Old 08-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #1

The Golf Club (PS4)

Get it. It will change your life. Honest, it's brilliant golf sim. If Tiger Woods golf was your thing and you thought it was the best ever, then you might not like it. Nothing like TW.

Anyway, anyone else got it?

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #2

Thanks for this. Will be getting this shortly...
Old 09-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #3

I hope you enjoy it..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 09-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #4

Downloaded it last night. Really, really good. I played a ton of PGA Championship 99 and 2000 on PC. It was an old Sierra game with a really good course architect. I'm looking forward to giving that a shot, I used to design courses as a hobby for the old games.

Like you said, this game isn't going to appeal to the younger generation, but forget them. I'm old and this game is great.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #5

Same here. It's what I've been looking for in golf game. Some great courses out there people design, I've designed a couple but I don't have the talent they have. When you design one post here and I'll try it out.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:34 AM   #6

Jared, Did you finish Guid Donner yet? Looking forward to it.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
Jared, Did you finish Guid Donner yet? Looking forward to it.
I've been dragging my feet, Mitch. It's close, but I am unfortunately a tinkerer. I could tweak that course for 5 more years and it still wouldn't be "done".

I need to just publish it already. It's OK, but I'm not as happy as I thought I would be.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
I've been dragging my feet, Mitch. It's close, but I am unfortunately a tinkerer. I could tweak that course for 5 more years and it still wouldn't be "done".

I need to just publish it already. It's OK, but I'm not as happy as I thought I would be.
It's tough. I can get the holes and greens down okay. But the rest of the course I struggle with.

In any event no course is perfect, imo. I wouldn't worry too much about it..you can save it to the PS4 system so you have the opportunity to work on it later..if need be.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #9

It's up. Let me know what you think.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
It's up. Let me know what you think.
Shot a pedestrian 73, thanks to a back 39. Hit some stupid shots. As far as the course, the mountains are nice. Something I can't seem to do well. The course played well, fair would be a better word. Thankfully I had low wind..though I thought I should have had a 68-69.

I would have added a bit ambiance, like some more trees and bushes etc. But in the end, it's a fine course. Can't wait until your next.