Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Gaming

Old 08-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
I bought and played it the day it came out. Got both the PS3 and PS4..it was a really good game. It seems like it has been 2 years since I have played it.

You do not know anyone who owns a PS3? Try to borrow it for a week or something and go buy the game or borrow that too.

What good would borrowing it do? I know how the game is, I want it to play, not to try.

My reasoning for possibly doing the PS3 thing is so I can play for 4 months before transferring the account to PC. The PC version (as well as Xbox One and PS4) will have farther draw distances, better textures, higher resolutions, and the big thing is, open lobbies up to 64 players, rather than 12 or whatever it is now.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb View Post
Mitch, I believe the game itself needs like 20 GB of disk space.
I figured it might ..

Anyway, if you fly to Arizona you could borrow my PS3 ..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 08-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #13

Not to hijack... If you end up getting a PS3 buy The Last of Us, too.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #14

You're not hijacking at all, but if I do buy a PS3 I won't buy any other games. I simply don't care for gaming on a console. I prefer my PC setup, to sitting in my living room on the couch playing games from 10 feet away.

I actually have a friend who's brother wants to sell me his 160 GB slim PS3 plus all his games for $150, because he wants to buy a PS4. The problem is that seems a little too steep to pay for the console and I don't care about the extra games, many of which are just different seasons of Madden and NBA Live, and several Call of Duty titles I already played on PC.

Who knows, I might just end up waiting to see if I need to upgrade my graphics card, and use the money on that rather than a PS3.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Old 08-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #15

Um, you can play a console game sitting on the couch 10 feet away. On a side note I was always a huge PC guy..it had to be on the PC. I currently have a killer PC now and some games are still better on the PC.

That being said I moved into the console somewhat recently, PS3 was my first console about 5 years ago and some games I love you can't play on the PC. Best of both worlds..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 09-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #16

Looks like all the rumors are false. GTA V will be coming to PC after all, and while not official, November 14-18 are some of the release dates retailers have listed. NewEgg just started offering pre-orders for November 18th.

So yeah, fuck all that PS3 noise. Game will be best on PC by miles anyways.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #17

I have never jumped on the GTA bandwagon. For me, there was a problem of just getting too lost with objectives and not actually staying on point. I used to be the king of side quests, enjoying the scenery, etc... At my advanced age of 28, I want to get through the game, do the occasional extra work, and play a new one. Beating up hookers and stealing cop cars just wore thin for me after the first couple that I played.

I absolutely loved Skyrim, but beat it in about 65 hours, whereas others have played it for close to 500.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #18

Well for me this GTA is unlike all the others. The story plot is far more in depth and well scripted, plus I love doing the collection missions. But by far what I have been wanting is the online part. Your own character, your own houses, nearly unlimited choice of vehicles, from BMX bikes, to crotch rockets, super cars, tanks, planes, choppers, submarines, they really made the choices far reaching. Plus it's a constantly evolving game as they continue to release new contest.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #19

I had the first one years ago, way too violent. I just got in a car and drive around all day..haven't owned one since. Something about smashing a bat on an innocent..rubs me the wrong way. Maybe the game has changed..

Last edited by Mitchrapp; 09-02-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
I had the first one years ago, way too violent. I just got in a car and drive around all day..haven't owned one since. Something about smashing a bat on an innocent..rubs me the wrong way. Maybe the game has changed..

It really hasn't in terms of graphic violence. But the story behind it makes it seem like a hollywood action movie. Most the the people you have to kill/maim are far from innocents. Of course the player can choose to be worse than necessary, but that's personal choice.