Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Gaming

Old 12-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #1

Dragon Age Inquisition

One of the best RPGs I've played in awhile. It's been hard for me to commit to an RPG lately, but this one has already eaten up 20 hours in a heartbeat. It's basically a tighter version of Skyrim in 3rd person.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #2

A while back to promote DA:I, origin was giving away the first Dragon Age.

So I went ahead and got it, and I have to say....it's terrible LOL The targeting system and movement is so odd I gave up after like 10 hours of gameplay. If DA:I is anything like the first one, you can count me out. (well count me out anyways)
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Old 12-30-2014, 05:04 PM   #3

I haven't gotten either. DA seems to be hit and miss (mostly miss), maybe in spring when the price drops significantly. I like open ended games but hate buying $60 games.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #4

I loved DA1. DA2 was crap.

This one is fantastic. It is a lot more refined, so many sidequests, the scenery is great.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbsco View Post
I loved DA1. DA2 was crap.

This one is fantastic. It is a lot more refined, so many sidequests, the scenery is great.
I heard the story line isn't very good? Open ended games with a bad plot I don't enjoy.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 12-31-2014, 06:50 AM   #6

It's not bad. Pretty similar to other RPGs.

Games of this magnitude rarely have strong plots. It's impossible to keep a tight narrative when there's so much freedom.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbsco View Post
It's not bad. Pretty similar to other RPGs.

Games of this magnitude rarely have strong plots. It's impossible to keep a tight narrative when there's so much freedom.
Maybe but I'm also curious about the side quests..too many games have silly side quests that make no sense. How are those..

Old 12-31-2014, 01:42 PM   #8

You know, it's one of the first RPGs in awhile where there's some thought to it. It's not all fetch quests. I have honestly enjoyed them.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:15 PM   #9

Thanks Dub.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #10

I loved all the DAs....I have this one still unopened....im going to be stuck on destiny for awhile. Too much content and the multi player is too much fun.