Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Gaming

Old 08-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #1

Madden '16

10 Days and counting......

Just something about that game. Every year I swear I'm not going to buy it.....but by late August I can't wait for it to come out.

It has it's flaws.....as any game does.......but the online play is still pretty damn fun.

Oh, and the Lions will be STACKED this year (Madden wise, that is). CJ, Tate, Abdullah, a better OL and a good defense. Can't wait!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by boogerlovejoy; 08-15-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #2

I do the same thing with FIFA, but I played maybe 5-10 games and put it away. Sports games in general have really found their way out of my library. It was a huge thing for me in high school and college, but I just don't enjoy the grind anymore sadly.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbsco View Post
I do the same thing with FIFA, but I played maybe 5-10 games and put it away. Sports games in general have really found their way out of my library. It was a huge thing for me in high school and college, but I just don't enjoy the grind anymore sadly.
I have done the exact opposite. I was really into final fantasy and different RPG 15 years ago. Now, I ONLY play sports games. For me, the reason being is I like to be able to play, be done, and not have to continue on from a certain point because I don't get to play as frequently as I once did.

Just me.

Anyway.....one week to go!!
Old 08-19-2015, 12:19 PM   #4

Yeah, I bought Witcher and Elder Scrolls Online, and have put about an hour total into both games. They are just so freaking daunting.

I have a ton of great Wii U games that I actually have fun playing. I miss the days of enjoying video games rather than it feeling like a chore.

Last edited by dubbsco; 08-19-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:05 PM   #5

For anyone that was into Tecmo Super Bowl like I was growing up......this shit is pretty cool. Already ordered it!

http://tecmobowlers.com/products/tecmo-super-bowl-16/

Last edited by boogerlovejoy; 08-21-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:08 PM   #6

I was stuck on destiny for way too long. Time to find a new game. Haven't decided if I'm going to get into dragon age, pick up madden. ...or just wait for star wars.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:34 AM   #7

I'm waiting a couple days for Metal Gear 5. Those are always must-buy, and the reviews have been absolutely off the chart.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes0021 View Post
I was stuck on destiny for way too long. Time to find a new game. Haven't decided if I'm going to get into dragon age, pick up madden. ...or just wait for star wars.
Only a week in.....haven't had too much time to play.....but they actually seemed to have improved the game play quite a bit. QB's aren't all ridiculously accurate on every throw....running game is pretty spot on.....cant just run to the outside every play. Players speed has been adjusted......not nearly as many 98 speed guys out there. Calvin is only an 89 speed!!! BLASPHOMY!!!

only big issue so far......way way to many drops from WR. They adjusted it so you can control each catch with a possession catch, a "catch and run" catch or high point the ball in the air. Seems like if you don't possession catch everything you'll drop it. Maybe I just need to get better at it, but it seems a bit skewed.

Good game, though. Much better than last years.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #9

Year 3 without Madden. They just don't improve enough. The game was best when they had a competitor, NFL2K. Bring back NFL2K and Madden will be good again.

Edit: And make it for the PC again..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!

Last edited by Mitchrapp; 09-02-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:39 PM   #10

I havent bought it yet. But will, Never missed a Madden game entire life.

However, my buddy who always rags on Madden said he was impressed with the changes finally.

I was like whatever, I'm buying it anyways.