Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Gaming

Old 11-13-2015, 06:40 PM   #11

I built a maxed out gaming PC about 5.5 years ago. FO4 is the first game that I've had to play on 'low-medium settings'. It's about time to build a new one it seems.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-14-2016, 05:38 PM   #12

I bought this from steam a few days ago, spent almost 6 hours downloading it, and it wont run fullscreen on my pc because my monitor is 4:3 not 16:9 so I got a refund.

Found a nice 22" 1080 monitor from a factory reseller on ebay for a decent price, so when that arrives I'll re-purchase FO4 and see how it is.

I'm probably also only medium settings, i5-3550, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660ti 2GB, win 8.1
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Old 01-14-2016, 05:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb View Post
I bought this from steam a few days ago, spent almost 6 hours downloading it, and it wont run fullscreen on my pc because my monitor is 4:3 not 16:9 so I got a refund.

Found a nice 22" 1080 monitor from a factory reseller on ebay for a decent price, so when that arrives I'll re-purchase FO4 and see how it is.

I'm probably also only medium settings, i5-3550, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660ti 2GB, win 8.1
Medium at least. My computer is worse and I'm on a custom setting with low to medium.

Where your PC really gets tested is deep in the downtown areas, can get really choppy if you're tuned too high.

Last edited by sggatecl; 01-14-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:14 PM   #14

So far so good. Got about 5 hours time in so far.

Only real complaint is that it's not set up well for mouse/keyboard. Lots of games are actually better with mouse and keyboard because of more input options, but so far I have found FO4 to be clumsy with it's combinations especially with the ones sometimes involving the 'enter' key half the time to confirm something and the other half it's the 'tab' key.

It will just take time to adjust I guess.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Old 01-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #15

Quote:

Only real complaint is that it's not set up well for mouse/keyboard. Lots of games are actually better with mouse and keyboard because of more input options, but so far I have found FO4 to be clumsy with it's combinations especially with the ones sometimes involving the 'enter' key half the time to confirm something and the other half it's the 'tab' key.

Many games have turned into that. Ready to use with an XBox controller. Tried to play Assassin Creed: Syndicate with mouse/keyboard. It was just too freakin' hard.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 01-16-2016, 07:34 PM   #16

Quote:

You can use 'E' in place of enter. I figured that out a few weeks in and it was a lot better.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:12 PM   #17

Started playing the latest (and final) DLC for FO4 titled 'Nuka World'.

It's huuuuuge. And feels really fresh. The Nuka World radio guy is pretty funny. I'm only a few hours into it but it has a lot of new stuff, already a couple new gun type.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:46 PM   #18

Just noticed the OP is listed as banned?
Old 08-30-2016, 09:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Just noticed the OP is listed as banned?
I also thought that was weird. I looked through that last thread he was a part of and didn't see anything ban worthy. Dunno.

He's still active on that Youtube channel if you wanted to find out.

Last edited by sggatecl; 08-30-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:29 PM   #20

Nah, he just didn't seem like the type that would get banned, unless it was for advertising or something else that's not allowed.

Also, to your original post...I had to give up on Fallout 4 much the way I did Skyrim. The concept of both those games is really cool, but the whole yo-yo system of quests just tires me out after a while....

....By the way, another settlement needs your help. Be sure to offer help to any who need it it's the best way to blah, blah, blah...