Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Media > TV

Old 11-12-2015, 01:59 PM   #1

Rick and Morty

Anybody watching it? It's been on Adult Swim for a couple years, I just found out about it. The creator of the show started by doing a short sketch based on Marty Mcfly and Doc Brown, where the professor tries to convince marty that the only way they can make it back to their present time is if marty sucks his dick.

The actual show isn't quite that extreme, but the two main characters are loosely based on those two, with Rick being Morty's alcoholic/scientist grandfather. I've only seen a handful of episodes so far, but most center on alternate dimensions and ridiculous shit.

It's not a laugh a minute, but it's worth your time. It does a good job of riding that fine line between smart & stupid. Seems like some people here would enjoy it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by deathroh; 11-12-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathroh View Post
Anybody watching it? It's been on Adult Swim for a couple years, I just found out about it. The creator of the show started by doing a short sketch based on Marty Mcfly and Doc Brown, where the professor tries to convince marty that the only way they can make it back to their present time is if marty sucks his dick.

The actual show isn't quite that extreme, but the two main characters are loosely based on those two, with Rick being Morty's alcoholic/scientist grandfather. I've only seen a handful of episodes so far, but most center on alternate dimensions and ridiculous shit.

It's not a laugh a minute, but it's worth your time. It does a good job of riding that fine line between smart & stupid. Seems like some people here would enjoy it.
seems a little too fucked up for me. at least the initial premise.

my brother watches a bunch of those really fucked up cartoon network shows. they're all too demented for my liking.

and I'm not like some mainstream guy. I liked Space Ghost Coast to Coast a lot. the shows with no boundaries, completely tasteless premises, etc. go too far though.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:35 PM   #3

You're just basing that on my description, or have you seen an episode? Re-reading my post, I did a pretty poor job of selling it. I probably shouldn't have even tried, shows like this don't lend itself to good printed descriptions. You should give it a shot.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathroh View Post
You're just basing that on my description, or have you seen an episode? Re-reading my post, I did a pretty poor job of selling it. I probably shouldn't have even tried, shows like this don't lend itself to good printed descriptions. You should give it a shot.
I'm still on the fence.

you were right about that Wu Tang vs. the Beatles mix you posted that one time, but I'm not a huge fan of the more fucked up stuff on cartoon network, so until I get one more yes vote on this, I'll give it a pass.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:32 AM   #5

I haven't watched Rick and Morty yet, but I have watched a few of those adult swim shows in their first few seasons. They sometimes go off the rails after a while though.

Sealab 2021, ATHF, Venture Bros, Robot Chicken...
Old 11-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #6

No better time than now..

http://www.toonova.com/rick-and-morty-episode-1
Old 12-15-2015, 06:26 AM   #7

Amazingly funny show. 10/10 would recommend.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #8

Finally...

really need to have seen the previous season's finale for this to make any sense whatsoever. And even then it kind of doesn't...except it totally does.