Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions

Old 12-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #11

Man, I was born in Ann Arbor, just a shot away from Detroit.

That's my biggest NFL disappointment.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-26-2017, 04:12 PM   #12

Ameer Abdullah - whether you want to blame the O-Line or not, he's running out of time.

O-Line - The addition of Lang and Wagner didn't change much at all.

Ziggy Ansah - This was a very big year for him and he blew it. Almost half his sacks came in one game. He was far too quiet for most of the year.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sggatecl View Post

Ziggy Ansah - This was a very big year for him and he blew it. Almost half his sacks came in one game. He was far too quiet for most of the year.

2/3 of his sacks came in 2 games against the worst LTs in the league. He had 3 sacks this year in my book. Garbage
Old 12-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #14

Abdullah and ansah suck ass.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes0021 View Post
Abdullah and ansah suck ass.
Abdulah sucks but he will be cheap next year so you don't cut him. They need a starting caliber RB. Carlos Hyde would be a good fit but probably more than he is worth. The Lions really need to hit on one in the draft.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:32 PM   #16

Happy to say I did not let the lions ruin the holidays this year like last year. Last year at this time (or was it the year before? I can't remeber now, it's all just a blur), I was in a very dark place in large part brought on by the lions being the lions, this year decided they aren't worth it anymore. F the lions and thier decades of ineptitude

My only complaint at the moment is that it's too damn cold out when is that man bear pig stuff supposed to kick in

Last edited by tigermud; 12-26-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermud View Post
Happy to say I did not let the lions ruin the holidays this year like last year. Last year at this time (or was it the year before? I can't remeber now, it's all just a blur), I was in a very dark place in large part brought on by the lions being the lions, this year decided they aren't worth it anymore. F the lions and thier decades of ineptitude

My only complaint at the moment is that it's too damn cold out when is that man bear pig stuff supposed to kick in
How it's been for me for awhile my friend. I disconnected emotionally awhile ago. I'll come back with some level of passion once they win a playoff game. Until then, I'm just in the "show me" phase of my fandom.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbsco View Post
How it's been for me for awhile my friend. I disconnected emotionally awhile ago. I'll come back with some level of passion once they win a playoff game. Until then, I'm just in the "show me" phase of my fandom.
At one point during the last game I slammed my hands together and yelled out god I'm so sick of this shit!

That was about it.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermud View Post
At one point during the last game I slammed my hands together and yelled out god I'm so sick of this shit!

That was about it.
Yep, at some point this team just drains you. Close games against bad teams are what killed it for me, and Cooter play calling. Changes being made in the coaching staff is the only thing that can get me looking forward to next season, not rookies, not player progression, but this game wrecking coaching staff kicked to the curb
Old 12-27-2017, 03:40 AM   #20

One of my biggest disappointments has to be Killabrew.... I thought after last year the kid was going to get an expanded roll and be a stud this year.... Got a pick 6 in the first game then saw his role get less and less after 3 straight starts... Didn't tackle as well as he did last year and looked lost in run support....