Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions

Old 01-07-2018, 06:10 AM   #71

I'm looking at a couple later round RBs.

Josh Adams from Notre Dame could be available in the 4th or 5th. I'm afraid he was just a product of a great o-line.

Kamryn Pettway from Auburn might be around in the 7th or UDFA. He had a great sophomore and an injury plagued junior season. It doesn't makes sense that he didn't go back and improve his draft stock.

Both are big backs who might be able to convert a 3rd and 1

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-07-2018, 11:39 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippo73 View Post
I'm looking at a couple later round RBs.

Josh Adams from Notre Dame could be available in the 4th or 5th. I'm afraid he was just a product of a great o-line.

Kamryn Pettway from Auburn might be around in the 7th or UDFA. He had a great sophomore and an injury plagued junior season. It doesn't makes sense that he didn't go back and improve his draft stock.

Both are big backs who might be able to convert a 3rd and 1
Absolutely not!!! They need to grab an early rd RB. None of this sleeper shit like they have done in the past. "This kid is good but he's been hurt" or "great numbers but he's slow and his OLine was beastly". NO! Grab a game changing RB in the 1st or 2nd rd.

I'm not trying to bash on your post but I don't want to sit here and wait for a guy like Riddick, Washington or a Zenner to be "that guy". Get the stud off the hop...
Old 01-07-2018, 11:43 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyballs2 View Post
Absolutely not!!! They need to grab an early rd RB. None of this sleeper shit like they have done in the past. "This kid is good but he's been hurt" or "great numbers but he's slow and his OLine was beastly". NO! Grab a game changing RB in the 1st or 2nd rd.

I'm not trying to bash on your post but I don't want to sit here and wait for a guy like Riddick, Washington or a Zenner to be "that guy". Get the stud off the hop...
Yeah, I'm with you. They need to take a high draft pick on an RB. Cannot continue to trot out what they have.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:49 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbsco View Post
Yeah, I'm with you. They need to take a high draft pick on an RB. Cannot continue to trot out what they have.
Yep! I listen to 97.1 the Ticket and there's fans clamoring for Green to be the bellcow next yr. No! Green looks like a serviceable RB but he looks like a solid backup to me. He's Joique Bell 2.0. Which is fine but he's not a bellcow. Get a player like Chubb or Michel. Pair him with Green and Riddick. That's a solid run game...
Old 01-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #75

Like it or not, Riddick is a huge part of this offense and will see allot of snaps. I'm ok with grabbing a rb in rd 2 but he better be your guy. If not... wait until rds 3-5.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:58 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes0021 View Post
Like it or not, Riddick is a huge part of this offense and will see allot of snaps. I'm ok with grabbing a rb in rd 2 but he better be your guy. If not... wait until rds 3-5.
At the end of the day, you need a guy that you can get behind to ground out a game, and make those big plays when you need him. Riddick is not an RB, he's a slot/utility guy. You can't win championships with Abdullah/Zenner/Washington.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:17 PM   #77

Bills better draft a QB.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 01-08-2018, 08:10 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyballs2 View Post

I don't want anything but front 7 in the first 3 rounds. RB is an issue but no where near the disaster as the front 7. Both OLB need upgrades. Whitehead should only start in an injury situation. We need someone to start next to A'shawn and opposite Ansah.

I understand we need an stud RB but if we can stop anyone, we will always be playing from behind. Your stud RB won't see the ball much.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:52 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippo73 View Post
I don't want anything but front 7 in the first 3 rounds. RB is an issue but no where near the disaster as the front 7. Both OLB need upgrades. Whitehead should only start in an injury situation. We need someone to start next to A'shawn and opposite Ansah.

I understand we need an stud RB but if we can stop anyone, we will always be playing from behind. Your stud RB won't see the ball much.
Gotta disagree with you on that. RB needs to be addressed in the first 3 rounds. Without question. They draft a RB after the 3rd rd then i'm going postal. Too many holes to fill but we also have like 50MIL in FA money to spend. Get your stud RB early and it does wonders for your D. It gives your D a ton of rest having a run game. People do not realize how vital a running game is in the NFL. You can have all pro WRs surrounding you and your offense can still lag. Get a RB with some real nice WRs around you and watch that Lions team flourish.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:15 PM   #80

https://football.realgm.com/analysis...aft-Version-30
2018 NFL Mock Draft, Version 3.0
RealGM
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.