Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Football schedules 2019+

GoBlueInAtlanta

1-0 Sept 4 vs WESTERN MICHIGAN W 47-14
2-0 Sept 11 vs WASHINGTON W 31-10
3-0 Sept 18 vs NORTHERN ILLINOIS W 63-10
4-0 Sept 25 vs RUTGERS (HC) W 20-13 "Take your foot off the gas" syndrome.
5-0 Oct 2 at Wisconsin W 38-17
6-0 Oct 9 at Nebraska W 32-29
6-0 Oct 16 Bye
7-0 Oct 23 vs NORTHWESTERN W 33-7
7-1 Oct 30 at Michigan State L 33-37
8-1 Nov 6 vs INDIANA W 29-7
9-1 Nov 13 at Penn State W 21-17
10-1 Nov 20 at Maryland W 59-18
11-1 Nov 27 vs OHIO STATE VICTORY! 42-27
12-1 Dec 4 Big Ten Championship Game vs Iowa BIG TEN CHAMPS! 42-3
12-2 Dec 31 Orange Bowl CFP Semi-Final vs Georgia L 11-34

Sept. 3
CSU-Ram-357-617.png
COLORADO STATE
Sept. 10
v13.png
HAWAII

Sept. 17 Open/Bye

Sept. 24
md-sm.png
MARYLAND*

Oct. 1
iowa-sm.png
at Iowa*

Oct. 8
psu-sm.png
PENN STATE*

Oct. 15
neb-sm.png
NEBRASKA*

Oct. 22
msu-sm.png
at Michigan State*

Oct. 29
ill-sm.png
ILLINOIS*

Nov. 5 Open/Bye

Nov. 12
ind-sm.png
INDIANA*

Nov. 19
rutu-sm.png
at Rutgers*

Nov. 26
osu-sm.png
at Ohio State*

Dec. 3
big10_sm.png
Big Ten Championship Game

Last edited:
2012 & 2013 schedules complete

on paper at least, both of those years look to be tougher than 2011, but 2012 looks absolutely brutal.

I hate the placement of that @ND game, as the 4th game of the season, @ND.

The only good thing about playing Bama @ Texas is that it is going to be so insanely hyped, I expect we'll have everyone's attention throughout fall camp. No one is going to slough off expecting an easier opener.

EDIT: My predictions were so wrong: Brady Hoke sucked. I suck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any reason we are playing Notre Dame so late next year? It seems like in recent years we have been playing them as the second or maybe third game when we are still just getting our first good looks at the teams... will be interesting to see this as the last game before Big Ten play begins

spitzen88 said:
Any reason we are playing Notre Dame so late next year? It seems like in recent years we have been playing them as the second or maybe third game when we are still just getting our first good looks at the teams... will be interesting to see this as the last game before Big Ten play begins

only thing I can think of is that ND had a schedule set for that season before BM agreed to the long-term series with them. So, since we had nothing scheduled that far in advance because BM took that day off to go sailing on the Nantucket Sound, ND already had 2012 opponents, and had to fit us in later.

Hey moderator, you think we could get this stickied at the top of the screen for future reference?

I don't think UM would want to play ND and Bama back to back. At least we got two down games in-between.

lostleader said:
I don't think UM would want to play ND and Bama back to back. At least we got two down games in-between.

i agree playing Bama in Texas then @South Bend the next week would be rough just in terms of travel and hype. I like the fact we have some easier home games in between.

I cannot believe we have to go TO freakin' UConn to play. Isn't their stadium something like 40,000 seats?? I am struggling to remember a worse OCC away game in the last 20 years. At Boston College in 1991? At Washington, Oregon, UCLA....those are ok. At UConn? Not ok.

At UConn will be at least 10k NY-area UM fans attending and that's a home and home for you.

As for 2012 ND, maybe little brother can return the favor by beating up on ND the week before we play them. I'd say 1/2 the Sparty wins over noter dame in the past decade can be directly tied to the faggy irish having played UM the week prior.

I cant wait for the @ Uconn game! I live in Connecticut and have flown out to Ann Arbor for the past 4 years to see opening game (except last year against Illinois). 30 minutes by car to Hartford is a little more friendly on the wallet than a plane ticket, hotel room, and car rental (but its worth it every time)

I hope our run defense improves before playing Air Force. That could be a bad loss. Ask Ohio State and South Carolina about playing the triple option. Think Navy.

Agreed QB_U -- AFA after @ Texas/Home Game vs Bama is a helluva trap game

Assorted thoughts:

2012---- I hate bye weeks in September. As for away games......gonna try to go the Bama game (15% probability) and Minny (60% probability).........I'll only have Lincoln left on my list after that

Yeah...Air Force game concerns me

2013---I'd love to go to the Uconn game. And maybe my first return to Happy Valley since "Judgement Day" in "97

2 byes in this schedule?...What am I missing?

I think it's a function of when Labor Day lands and how early the season begins.

Air Force game does not concern my as much as the Alabama game... :)

Now that game worries the crap out of me...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Air Force game does not concern my as much as the Alabama game... :)

As it should. I'm actually not afraid of losing that one.....just don't want to be manhandled.

damfran said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Air Force game does not concern my as much as the Alabama game... :)

As it should. I'm actually not afraid of losing that one.....just don't want to be manhandled.

yes the last thing we wanna do is pull a Sparty week 1.

do NOT underestimate Air Force. they are likely to win their 2nd straight Commander in Chief, and while Navy is definitely having an off year in 2011, AF is a very tough team and has raised their game up to what Navy's used to be back when they nearly upset Ohio* and thumped Missouri in the bowl game that year. And please don't say "yeah, but Missouri is no Michigan"...especially since UM didn't even make a bowl game that year...or the year before that. Yes that was RR's era (or error as is more likely the proper term), all I'm saying is AFA can come in and pull off an Appy State type of upset as they are much better than UM fans want to give them credit. If the UM defense fails to play their most disciplined game of the entire season, AFA will win by running it down UM's throat, repeatedly, completely controlling the clock and thereby keeping the UM offense out of sync. UM better be ready for that game, and while you can say Hoke & Co will ensure that, there is a HUGE difference when those players are out there on game day actually trying to stop a potentially perfectly executed triple option.

wheels002 said:
yes the last thing we wanna do is pull a Sparty week 1.

yeah maybe you should try to "pull a sparty" one of these years and contend for a big ten title. (you are not in contention right now by the way). also in response to "the victor"... how many years of beatdowns is it going to take for you to stop calling us little brother?!

Back