Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions

Old 01-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandy View Post
The Lions handed him a shit ton of money to stick around, no home town discount. If he really wanted to win, he wouldn't have re-signed with this dumpster fire of an organization. He could've taken less and gone to any winning organization.
True.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #22

Oh man...this stinks.

If he does decide to hang em up, I hope that he lets the team know within the next couple of months. Give them enough time to plan for his replacement via draft or FA....Barry retiring sucked for many reasons, but he also kind of screwed the Lions over by waiting until the end of training camp to announce it, killing any chances of them getting a suitable replacement.

Regardless of whether or not Megatron retires, or plays 1-2 more years, the new GM needs to get to work on developing a plan for how to replace Calvin.

Mayhew fucked up a lot, but his biggest gaffe (in my eyes) was his complete lack of foresight into the Suh situation, and how he literally had no plan for how to replace Suh. He was genuinely shocked when Suh went to Miami, and as a result, blew several chances at getting a replacement.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone413 View Post
Oh man...this stinks.

If he does decide to hang em up, I hope that he lets the team know within the next couple of months. Give them enough time to plan for his replacement via draft or FA....Barry retiring sucked for many reasons, but he also kind of screwed the Lions over by waiting until the end of training camp to announce it, killing any chances of them getting a suitable replacement.

Regardless of whether or not Megatron retires, or plays 1-2 more years, the new GM needs to get to work on developing a plan for how to replace Calvin.

Mayhew fucked up a lot, but his biggest gaffe (in my eyes) was his complete lack of foresight into the Suh situation, and how he literally had no plan for how to replace Suh. He was genuinely shocked when Suh went to Miami, and as a result, blew several chances at getting a replacement.
Definitely need to have a plan in place. Whether Calvin stays or not, retiring is on his mind. Need to get a replacement.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 01-06-2016, 03:02 PM   #24

I'm sure a HOF WR will be in this draft...probably picked in the top 10!
Old 01-06-2016, 03:02 PM   #25

How do you feel about a TE/WR hybrid, matchup nightmare type?
Old 01-06-2016, 03:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbsco View Post
How do you feel about a TE/WR hybrid, matchup nightmare type?
Old 01-06-2016, 03:05 PM   #27

Fortunately, in this case the Lions are (or should be) looking for a future replacement regardless. It would be disappointing to see him retire, but it's not like they're relying on him to be the lone superstar (at least at this point in his career).
Old 01-06-2016, 03:05 PM   #28

We knew this was coming in the not too distant future. A top wr is an absolute must in the draft. 1st round
Old 01-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp1980 View Post
We knew this was coming in the not too distant future. A top wr is an absolute must in the draft. 1st round
The WR in this draft is deep from what I understand. It's still not a more valued position over others. FA, plus maybe 3rd round guy.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #30

If only we can get a Doug Baldwin type. Key to any QBs success.