Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fire Caldwell

Ps...how many coaching staffs is stafford allowed to get fired before he goes? I'm about ready for a fresh start.

Last edited:
Due to Stafford's contract, he had to stick around for another year.

After this season, Quinn can get rid of both the coaches and Stafford all at once and start over with a clean slate. Top pick, new coaching staff, new QB. Maybe this was the plan all along?

Last edited:
Due to Stafford's contract, he had to stick around for another year.

After this season, Quinn can get rid of both the coaches and Stafford all at once and start over with a clean slate. Top pick, new coaching staff, new QB. Maybe this was the plan all along?

Ofcourse we will get a #1 pick the year after a bunch of ridiculously skilled QBs come out. Just like the lions! lol

Someone mentioned it early, today or yesterday or last week, but when will the defense going to intercept a damn pass? No fumbles and outside Hyder (who?) no sacks.

My guess is that the Lions would need to hire an interim coaching staff, to finish the lost season, then they could do a better and more effective job of assessing a permanent replacement.

Season is toast already, whats the point of going 7-9 again, when with Caldwell and company, 4-12 or less might land top 5 picks next year?

Last edited:
Caldwell is a joke
Jim Bob cooter is a joke
Austin is a joke
Stafford is a joke
Tate is a joke
The defense is a joke
Offense is a joke
Ownership is a joke
Sick and tired of being sick and tired of this joke franchise
NFL is also a rigged joke anyway so whatever just move out of Detroit and do us all a favor ya big fat fucking jokes

How bout the fans give the lions a middle finger wave next home game?

Last edited:
Has caldwel been fired yet? Why not?

This is Caldwell's first year that the Lions aren't also paying Gym Shorts' contract...lolz...and isn't his contract run through next year as well...so dumbly typical of them.

Austin was this stud DC who was going to get a HC gig and be gone, wrong. Jim Bob Gump was the new Stafford savior at OC, wrong. Easy schedule, cake season. Wrong. This team blows..

Austin was this stud DC who was going to get a HC gig and be gone, wrong. Jim Bob Gump was the new Stafford savior at OC, wrong. Easy schedule, cake season. Wrong. This team blows..

Welp, atleast now we know Caldwell kills more than just his players careers.

Lions D is on pace to set an NFL record 120.3 passer rating, of course they faced 2 elite QBs in Luck and Rodgers, but that should have been balanced by shitty Mariota and the backup Hoyer. Obviously they miss Ansah, but still no excuse for giving up 2 TDs each and over 500 yds combined passing.

The Lions play 4 currently winning teams (2 home 2 road) and one 2-2 team in the Redskins @ home, who may turn out to be their best shot to win A game before their bye week

Last edited:
Lions D is on pace to set an NFL record 120.3 passer rating, of course they faced 2 elite QBs in Luck and Rodgers, but that should have been balanced by shitty Mariota and the backup Hoyer. Obviously they miss Ansah, but still no excuse for giving up 2 TDs each and over 500 yds combined passing.

The Lions play 4 currently winning teams (2 home 2 road) and one 2-2 team in the Redskins @ home, who may turn out to be their best shot to win A game before their bye week

Defense??? That must be Stafford's fault too lol

Defense??? That must be Stafford's fault too lol

Stafford has been the best Lions QB since the heydays of Layne, but considering who they have had behind center in-between, he didn't have much serious competition.

Like it or not, non-elite QBs are judged by their amount of titles. playoff wins, and conference/SB championships...none of which Stafford has accomplished in the past 6 of 7 seasons when healthy.

Stafford has been the best Lions QB since the heydays of Layne, but considering who they have had behind center in-between, he didn't have much serious competition.

Like it or not, non-elite QBs are judged by their amount of titles. playoff wins, and conference/SB championships...none of which Stafford has accomplished in the past 6 of 7 seasons when healthy.

I know that's how QBs are judged and it's a damn shame. We have a good QB in Detroit but they just can't get it together for him. I used to feel sorry for guys like Calvin before. Nah, not anymore. Number 9 gets royally fucked over year after year. One year he had a great defense and I thought it was on him, he failed but other than that...this organization and the players have dropped the ball.

Of course they have. They are one of, if not the worst organization in all four major sports. Stafford's been very up and down throughout his career. He's had great moments, he's had horrible moments. Overall I agree, he's not the major issue with the team.

With all that, it's time the franchise moves on from him and starts this entire process from scratch. Give him an opportunity to win as his time winds down and speed along the rebuild with more draft picks. Fair or not, I think it's the way to go.

Of course they have. They are one of, if not the worst organization in all four major sports. Stafford's been very up and down throughout his career. He's had great moments, he's had horrible moments. Overall I agree, he's not the major issue with the team.

With all that, it's time the franchise moves on from him and starts this entire process from scratch. Give him an opportunity to win as his time winds down and speed along the rebuild with more draft picks. Fair or not, I think it's the way to go.

Stafford is an above average starting QB. He isn't someone that is going to lead a team to a SB because he is too inconsistent. The problem with getting rid of him is you might become the Browns and never find a replacement.

The Lions need to quit trying to build an offense around Stafford like he is a franchise type QB. They need to build a great defense and a good OL and hope they can win that way.

Stafford is an above average starting QB. He isn't someone that is going to lead a team to a SB because he is too inconsistent. The problem with getting rid of him is you might become the Browns and never find a replacement.

The Lions need to quit trying to build an offense around Stafford like he is a franchise type QB. They need to build a great defense and a good OL and hope they can win that way.

Possibly one of the most idiotic statements ever...lol.
Stafford has been consistent in THIS offense...
Stop building around Stafford because he's not a franchise QB. Lmfao. Ok!! Btw...wtf do you think they have been doing with building a team? Go look at their drafts, you imbecile and tell me that they're not trying to build an OL around him.

Last edited:
Stop the drops. Run the right routes

Get ansah back

Back