Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Michigan Wolverines
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2017, 02:06 PM   #21
tomdalton22   tomdalton22 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,883
this was part of his statement

"For all those involved, I'm so horribly sorry that this was like a match that turned into a forest fire out of control," Nassar said in a Michigan courtroom while entering his plea. "I have no animosity toward anyone. I just want healing ... We need to move forward in a sense of growth and healing and I pray (for) that."



Login or Register to Remove Ads
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #22
byco42   byco42 is offline
Senior Member
 
byco42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolverines24 View Post
He should have been taken out back and shot right after the gavel dropped. He doesn't deserve the opportunity to have one more moment of happiness on this earth.


This ainít Dodge City, KS. Unless you want to be the one wielding the LeMat. Be sure to discharge the bonus smoothbore-center-barrel shotgun round.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Paratum cor meum, Deus. Paratum cor meum.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:35 PM   #23
thewolverines24   thewolverines24 is offline
Senior Member
 
thewolverines24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 10,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by byco42 View Post
This ainít Dodge City, KS. Unless you want to be the one wielding the LeMat. Be sure to discharge the bonus smoothbore-center-barrel shotgun round.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm aware this will never happen. It's just what he deserves.
__________________


"Referees are a sub-human species that is hell-bent on destroying the good and fun in everything" - Aristotle
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #24
byco42   byco42 is offline
Senior Member
 
byco42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolverines24 View Post
I'm aware this will never happen. It's just what he deserves.


I donít agree, because vengeance is not ours.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Paratum cor meum, Deus. Paratum cor meum.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:33 PM   #25
hungry   hungry is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolverines24 View Post
People can find happiness even in jail. It can be something as simple as going outside and seeing the sun shine or reading a book.

He doesn't deserve a chance at the smallest amount of happiness.
Oh yeah. There are a lot of happy people in prison. I see them everyday, laughing, joking, having a great time. No responsibilities in the world. Lay around all day watching TV. Maybe go play some basketball or go for a walk. Don't have to pay any bills. Prison isn't like it used to be. It's just one long vacation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:34 PM   #26
hungry   hungry is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by byco42 View Post
I donít agree, because vengeance is not ours.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wouldn't be vengeance. It would be justice.

Then He can have his vengeance...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:09 PM   #27
byco42   byco42 is offline
Senior Member
 
byco42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungry View Post
Wouldn't be vengeance. It would be justice.



Then He can have his vengeance...


Justice was served with the prison term.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Paratum cor meum, Deus. Paratum cor meum.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #28
tomdalton22   tomdalton22 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by byco42 View Post
Justice was served with the prison term.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
depends how you look at it. If one of those girls was my daughter...that sentence wouldn't cut it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:19 PM   #29
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungry View Post
Oh yeah. There are a lot of happy people in prison. I see them everyday, laughing, joking, having a great time. No responsibilities in the world. Lay around all day watching TV. Maybe go play some basketball or go for a walk. Don't have to pay any bills. Prison isn't like it used to be. It's just one long vacation.
first time I read this I thought you were being sarcastic, but now I'm not sure.

it's different from prison to prison, right?

some states are better than others, in terms of maintaining decent conditions in their prisons as well. unsurprisingly, northern/midwestern states seem to do a better job than the deep south.

my understanding is that going to federal prison is also better than state prison, in terms of getting medical care if needed, and less chance of getting shanked/beaten/murdered for no reason by other inmates.

though Bernie Madoff got the shit kicked out of him in federal prison.
__________________
"...Killer Mike has never killed anybody. It's just, he's a killer rapper."
- Bernie Sanders
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:45 PM   #30
hungry   hungry is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
first time I read this I thought you were being sarcastic, but now I'm not sure.

it's different from prison to prison, right?

some states are better than others, in terms of maintaining decent conditions in their prisons as well. unsurprisingly, northern/midwestern states seem to do a better job than the deep south.

my understanding is that going to federal prison is also better than state prison, in terms of getting medical care if needed, and less chance of getting shanked/beaten/murdered for no reason by other inmates.

though Bernie Madoff got the shit kicked out of him in federal prison.
I'm not joking at all.

Usually the only people who get the shit kicked out of them or shanked are people who owe others money or gang on gang violence. If you aren't gambling, trying to score illegal drugs, or any other dumb thing, most of the other cons will just leave you alone or be your buddy. The ol' days of the pedophile getting his ass kicked or bent over in prison are long gone. A lot of prisoners give it up voluntarily. Most felons learn how to jail very quickly and learn what to avoid and how to not get their asses kicked quickly.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Top      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.