Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Media > TV
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2017, 02:14 PM   #21
tinselwolverine   tinselwolverine is online now
Moderator
 
tinselwolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb View Post
I'm wondering how long it will take for him to spill the beans about what happened with Jon's true parents.
Are we sure though, that the father is Raigor, or whatever, the departed eldest son of the mad King?
__________________
Go Blue!



Login or Register to Remove Ads
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #22
Thumb   Thumb is offline
Senior Member
 
Thumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Thumb, duh!
Posts: 18,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
Are we sure though, that the father is Raigor, or whatever, the departed eldest son of the mad King?

No, we're not.

It's been hinted at, but we don't know for sure. What we do know is that Ned Stark was not his true father, and that Lyanna Stark was his mother. Prince Rhaegar ordered 3 of the kingsguard to defend the tower of joy where Lyanna was giving birth that would claim her life. It seems unlikely that he would have defended it so much if it had been Robert Baratheons child instead, which is the other theory (Jon Snow has black hair, a Baratheon trait, most Targaryns have silver hair).

Either way, it will change things.
__________________
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #23
tinselwolverine   tinselwolverine is online now
Moderator
 
tinselwolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19,771
Maybe both dudes was tappin' that right around the same time but Raegar didn't know about Robert.

I think the mother had dark hair so if Snow is Raegar's son that could be why.
__________________
Go Blue!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:51 PM   #24
biggunsbob   biggunsbob is offline
Moderator
 
biggunsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Byron Center, Michigan
Posts: 55,453
Last night's episode was fan-Freaking-taskic!!!!!!!
__________________
JIM
Play Peters !!!!!
WE NEED LINEMEN !!!!!! WE NEED LINEBACKERS!!!!! WE NEED BETTER CORDINATORS!!!! PLEASE START COACHING BETTER! !!!
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:05 AM   #25
Thumb   Thumb is offline
Senior Member
 
Thumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Thumb, duh!
Posts: 18,487
Another bit was revealed last night, Rhaegar had his marriage to Elia Martell annulled, and remarried to someone....

Assuming that someone was Lyanna Stark, then Jon Snow is really Jon Targaryan, nephew of Daenerys, since he would have been the child of a legitimate marriage. Don't see how it changes much though.
__________________
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:26 AM   #26
Monster   Monster is online now
Forum Manager
 
Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 21,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb View Post
Another bit was revealed last night, Rhaegar had his marriage to Elia Martell annulled, and remarried to someone....

Assuming that someone was Lyanna Stark, then Jon Snow is really Jon Targaryan, nephew of Daenerys, since he would have been the child of a legitimate marriage. Don't see how it changes much though.
He would be the rightful heir since it passes through the eldest son's line. That could cause problems between Dany and Jon. I don't think it will, though, since there seems to be a mutual attraction going on.

There were a lot of callbacks to episode 1. My favorite was the friendly insults between Robert/ned and Gendry/jon.
__________________


Somebody kill somebody! I wanna see a ghost!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:39 AM   #27
tinselwolverine   tinselwolverine is online now
Moderator
 
tinselwolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19,771
The dragons like Jon Snow.
__________________
Go Blue!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #28
biggunsbob   biggunsbob is offline
Moderator
 
biggunsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Byron Center, Michigan
Posts: 55,453
Well. Only one episode left now .. dang it went fast.
__________________
JIM
Play Peters !!!!!
WE NEED LINEMEN !!!!!! WE NEED LINEBACKERS!!!!! WE NEED BETTER CORDINATORS!!!! PLEASE START COACHING BETTER! !!!
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:27 AM   #29
Monster   Monster is online now
Forum Manager
 
Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 21,449
Well, i think everyone knew that one or all of her dragons would be killed before the end of the series, but there it is.

I loved the episode, but i'm trying really really hard to believe that Gendry made it back to the wall, the raven made it to Dragonstone, and Dany and her dragons flew over the wall in less than a day. Because you can't tell me that those fuckers survived in the middle of that lake for more than a day. I'm really trying to overlook this, but it's kind of hard. I'll just have to accept that it was an awesome fucking episode.

Also, for the book readers, I'm convinced that 95-99% of what we've seen this season and most of last season will NOT happen in the books. Before season 5, i'd say things happened fairly closely with the books with only little details changed and a few big things (Sansa married to that Bolton Bastard) changed. Yes, the show leaves a lot out from the books, but the main story is similar.
__________________


Somebody kill somebody! I wanna see a ghost!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:27 AM   #30
sggatecl   sggatecl is offline
Senior Member
 
sggatecl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Okemos, MI
Posts: 7,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster View Post
Well, i think everyone knew that one or all of her dragons would be killed before the end of the series, but there it is.

I loved the episode, but i'm trying really really hard to believe that Gendry made it back to the wall, the raven made it to Dragonstone, and Dany and her dragons flew over the wall in less than a day. Because you can't tell me that those fuckers survived in the middle of that lake for more than a day. I'm really trying to overlook this, but it's kind of hard. I'll just have to accept that it was an awesome fucking episode.

Also, for the book readers, I'm convinced that 95-99% of what we've seen this season and most of last season will NOT happen in the books. Before season 5, i'd say things happened fairly closely with the books with only little details changed and a few big things (Sansa married to that Bolton Bastard) changed. Yes, the show leaves a lot out from the books, but the main story is similar.
I think it will happen but there will be a lot more memorable dialogue and filler. I believe that's why these seasons are now shorter. They don't have whole books to draw from, just things that Martin has talked with them about in meetings and talks. I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing it all from damn bullet points.
__________________
"When you start to feel sad, always remember to stop being a little bitch and no one cares."
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Top      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.