Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions

Old 11-24-2017, 11:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp1980 View Post
If we draft a rb, this is the guy I want. 5'11, 225 lb, speedy, runs downhill

I agree with you 100%. Here's my problem with that, unless we change coaching staffs and philosophies, we're still going to run slow developing counters and off tackle plays with an offense of line that has trouble sustaining blocks. Our running game is a disaster in design as well as execution.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-24-2017, 12:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyballs2 View Post
That's not how business is usually done. Trade your dtuds away for picks or players? Give your head a shake, man...
Correct, and that is why there is only one ballclub in the NFL who has most often done so, and that has resulted in them being the only consistently successful franchise in the NFL over the past 15 years.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerlovejoy View Post
I agree with you 100%. Here's my problem with that, unless we change coaching staffs and philosophies, we're still going to run slow developing counters and off tackle plays with an offense of line that has trouble sustaining blocks. Our running game is a disaster in design as well as execution.
Watching other teams run is like night and day, especially the way blocks are set up, to the point where it looks like the Lions really have no clue what they're doing (or maybe they're just severely lacking in talent). I see way too many runs to the outside with a numbers disadvantage and little to no blocking...I just don't understand the goal of these plays.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerlovejoy View Post
I've already got it in my head that Cooter is gone after the season. Run game fixed
Old 11-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandy View Post
Watching other teams run is like night and day, especially the way blocks are set up, to the point where it looks like the Lions really have no clue what they're doing (or maybe they're just severely lacking in talent). I see way too many runs to the outside with a numbers disadvantage and little to no blocking...I just don't understand the goal of these plays.
I always see these cool trap blocks from other teams that spring big plays. let the dt go... trap him with a pulling guard...rb cuts inside of the block and boom easy 5 yards minimum. Can't say ive ever seen us do anything like that.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:51 PM   #16

Nvm... changing my 3rd rd pick to Mike Hughes, ucf cb. Go check out his game winning 95 yd ko return for the win. Also had an int.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:49 AM   #17

Even if we did still draft Davis in the 1st, I wish we would have picked Zach Cunningham in the 2nd. Dudes a monster.... Elite Stat: Cunningham averages 0.63 yards allowed per coverage snap which is second-lowest among all inside linebackers.... Hopefully we can just find a LB who can actually cover someone sooner rather than later... Although hopefully Davis can develop his pass coverage... We shall see...

Last edited by kmd47; 11-25-2017 at 06:13 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #18

http://lionswire.usatoday.com/2017/1...for-the-lions/
Analysis of Draft Wire's 4-round mock draft selections for the Lions.
LionsWire
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes0021 View Post
Nvm... changing my 3rd rd pick to Mike Hughes, ucf cb. Go check out his game winning 95 yd ko return for the win. Also had an int.
No matter how good you think you used to be.....nobody is drafting you!!😆
Old 12-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #20

Prior to free agency and re-signs tough to do mocks. Ansah, Swanson, Whitehead, Tavon Wilson, Nevin Lawson back or gone changes things if they leave or removes a starting need. But we have Killebrew for Wilson and Tabor for Lawson and Glasgow for Swanson but then need a left guard (or Joe Dahl to step up).

Some good Dline and RB options (Bell and Hyde) in free agency and SS too (Burnett, Vaccaro, TJ Ward, Eric Reid). CB you got Trumaine Johnson, Malcom Butler, old Brent Grimes, old Jonathan Joseph, Morris Claiborne, Maxwell and Verner too previous FA busts, Bashaud Breeland, EJ Gaines, Lawson/Hayden

DT and DE talent is needed even if Ansah returns. Ngata and Hyder had major injuries and are free agents too though Hyder is restricted. DE is pretty light and I don't think Dallas will not franchise Demarcus Lawrence.

That makes Ansah best DE option by far in FA.

DT if you don't resign Ngata due to injury, you got Poe, Star Lotuleilei, old Kyle Williams, Sheldon Richardson as free agents

Wouldn't mind using a 2nd or 3rd on a swing offensive tackle with some talent to help with injuries but Dline twice in Rounds 1-3 is probable, again depending on FA.

Last edited by LKP; 12-01-2017 at 10:37 AM.