Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions

Old 11-30-2017, 04:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
I don't know. This tells me we are on the outside looking in when it comes to running the ball..

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/100-yard-rushing.html

Numbers may be off but it points to 25 different runners with 100 or more rushing yards this season. Still 5 games to.
Look at the wins vs loses when a player gets 100+ yards. It's 47 wins, 9 loses. Maybe it's more important than we think.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-30-2017, 06:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Look at the wins vs loses when a player gets 100+ yards. It's 47 wins, 9 loses. Maybe it's more important than we think.
A lot of blowouts too. It's easier to hit 100 with a comfortable lead and a run-focused game plan. I think you have a fair point, but 100 yard games need context too. The Lions never seem to jump out too a big lead, which makes things more difficult for them. Regardless, I think efficiency is a bigger problem, I'd be much more pleased if Abdullah was getting 80 yards consistently on 15 carries as opposed to 100 yards on 30 carries.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandy View Post
A lot of blowouts too. It's easier to hit 100 with a comfortable lead and a run-focused game plan. I think you have a fair point, but 100 yard games need context too. The Lions never seem to jump out too a big lead, which makes things more difficult for them. Regardless, I think efficiency is a bigger problem, I'd be much more pleased if Abdullah was getting 80 yards consistently on 15 carries as opposed to 100 yards on 30 carries.
Sure, and yes too many other variables. But I still think being able to run the ball is important. It's not like other team are defending the run. We need more than 2-3 games out of 11 out of Abdullah.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 11-30-2017, 06:37 PM   #14

Quote:
A lot of blowouts too. It's easier to hit 100 with a comfortable lead and a run-focused game plan.

Just a game where we aren't down 2 scores after the 1st quarter would suffice
Old 11-30-2017, 06:54 PM   #15

Just get rid of cooter and get an oc that knows what he's doing. If you get a run game coordinator you're pretty much saying your oc doesn't know wtf he's doing.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes0021 View Post
Just get rid of cooter and get an oc that knows what he's doing. If you get a run game coordinator you're pretty much saying your oc doesn't know wtf he's doing.
Not just him. Our OC in the 90's was like "Give it to Barry."

Old 11-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Not just him. Our OC in the 90's was like "Give it to Barry."
Based on what runs they choose and how they block, they may still think Barry plays here.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Based on what runs they choose and how they block, they may still think Barry plays here.
Lol.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:21 AM   #19

We need some joy in this thread..