Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions

Old 12-12-2017, 06:20 AM   #271

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...rt_river_index
Snap counts: Theo Riddick is the Lions' RB1, but will it last?
Mlive
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-13-2017, 04:59 AM   #272

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/...neers-coverage

Lions film breakdown: Teez Tabor shows he’s a jack of all trades vs. Buccaneers

Quote:
Slowly, the Detroit Lions have been working Teez Tabor into the lineup. Prior to the bye week, Tabor played in just three total defensive snaps, causing some to worry that the Lions’ second-round draft pick may have been a bust.

Since then, he’s playing more often, but Detroit is still bringing him along slowly. In the first six games out of the bye week, he only played 55 total snaps, averaging less than 10 a game. But on Sunday against the Buccaneers, the Lions took off the training wheels. Tabor played in 39 snaps, well over 50 percent of the defensive downs.

But it’s one thing to get playing time, it’s another to play well. How did Tabor do in his first significant playing time? Let’s break it down.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:43 AM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by sggatecl View Post
https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/...neers-coverage

Lions film breakdown: Teez Tabor shows hes a jack of all trades vs. Buccaneers
Pretty good article... Just happy the kid looks like he's coming along nicely after not getting to good of a shot to play early on. Hopefully he can keep increasing the snap counts and replace Lawson/Hayden on the outside completely and they can be the backups... Especially like the play where he bites a little on the WR screen but stuck with Evans as soon as he realized.... That's his awesome reaction time in action that we saw on sports science lol.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd47 View Post
Pretty good article... Just happy the kid looks like he's coming along nicely after not getting to good of a shot to play early on. Hopefully he can keep increasing the snap counts and replace Lawson/Hayden on the outside completely and they can be the backups... Especially like the play where he bites a little on the WR screen but stuck with Evans as soon as he realized.... That's his awesome reaction time in action that we saw on sports science lol.
I actually REALLY like where the secondary is. Let's say Teez pans out and starts opposite Slay in '18. We move Lawson to the slot.....Diggs to S and Killabrew is our dime LB/S hybrid.

That's a good secondary. I think Diggs has a LOT of potential as a S.

Gotta get better in the front 7
Old 12-14-2017, 11:56 AM   #275

With all of the 'Oh our injury woes' talk, it's kind of refreshing albeit a bit strange to have a rookie play behind vets and learn the system rather than being thrown into the fire due to lack of talent or depth.