Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions

Old 12-10-2017, 09:07 AM   #1

Report: Jim Caldwell’s extension gives him a guarantee only through 2018

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-through-2018/

Nice to know. If they would want to fire him it makes it easier now with only one year of pay on the table.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #2

He's gotta lose his job if the Lions miss the playoffs, right?.......right?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandy View Post
He's gotta lose his job if the Lions miss the playoffs, right?.......right?

He should but probably won't. We ended up with an easy schedule and still didn't even come close to winning the division...probably won't even finish in 2nd place...a division where everyone else has been forced to use backup QB's for most of their seasons. On top of that, our team has fallen behind by double digits to start each of the last 4 games. He should be fired. He deserves to be fired. But it's the Lions, so good luck on our season next year Coach Caldwell!
Old 12-10-2017, 10:09 AM   #4

So the talk of 2018 will be how we need to give time for the new coach to put his stamp on the team..so right now we are hoping playoffs in 2019... Wonderful.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchild98 View Post
He should but probably won't. We ended up with an easy schedule and still didn't even come close to winning the division...probably won't even finish in 2nd place...a division where everyone else has been forced to use backup QB's for most of their seasons. On top of that, our team has fallen behind by double digits to start each of the last 4 games. He should be fired. He deserves to be fired. But it's the Lions, so good luck on our season next year Coach Caldwell!
Not sure our schedule was easy. In fact.....I'd say it's been fairly tough.

And yes, Caldwell should lose his job if they don't WIN a playoff game.

Last edited by boogerlovejoy; 12-10-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer229 View Post
So the talk of 2018 will be how we need to give time for the new coach to put his stamp on the team..so right now we are hoping playoffs in 2019... Wonderful.
Not sure how you got that.....this is the NFL not college. Teams, especially teams with good QB's in place, can win now. Look at the rams.....really good football team.

Quinn needs to have a big off season, but if the next hire clicks.....this team has the talent to "win now".
Old 12-10-2017, 10:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerlovejoy View Post
Not sure our schedule was easy. In fact.....I'd say it's been fairly tough.

And yes, Caldwell should lose his job if they don't WIN a playoff game.
I think it has been average. Some tough games, and some very easy games. They won most of the easy one, and lost most of the tough ones. Therefore we are 6 and 6.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 12-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Not sure how you got that.....this is the NFL not college. Teams, especially teams with good QB's in place, can win now. Look at the rams.....really good football team.

Quinn needs to have a big off season, but if the next hire clicks.....this team has the talent to "win now".
Not just the Rams also NO, Philly, Minny, Jaguars etc.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:58 AM   #9

Quote:

More of a comment on the inconsistent talent of this team. Slay seems to be our only consistent good player. Well and Prater for the most part.

I just don't think we are a coach away from being a good team.

There is always excuses why this team can't get it done. Guessing new coach would give the built in excuse.

Eventually players need to be accountable.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
Not just the Rams also NO, Philly, Minny, Jaguars etc.
I think those teams all have very good to great defenses. That is where we are missing the elite talent. Our top DE has 6.5 sacks through 12 games. Tahir Whitehead is our best LB. Let that sink in. Our secondary is very good.