Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How the Lions make the playoffs: Tiebreakers

Bob has it right, the best most plausible option now would be for the Lions to win out and for the Falcons to lose their last two, then we are in. I think that is yet a 50/50 possibility.

If the Lions don't end up making it i'm not going to be too upset about it cuz they'll 'd just get their asses kicked in MIN, PHIL, NO or LA anyway. what fun is that.

exactly...this is pretty much the only realistic scenario that the Lions make it (making the assumption that the Lions win out)

I don't think it's likely that the Falcons lose out. They are a 6 point dog this week @ NO but I think they will be favored in the final game of the year (Carolina at home)

Carolina beat the Falcons already this year. Panthers are hot and beat the Vikings and Rodgers Packers.

It is likely the Falcons lose out. Bucs just missed a FG to tie last night

Carolina beat the Falcons already this year. Panthers are hot and beat the Vikings and Rodgers Packers.

It is likely the Falcons lose out. Bucs just missed a FG to tie last night

home game vs. the Panthers with a playoff birth on the line. My money would be on Atl. I'm not a huge believer in Cam Newton. A coin flip game at the very least.

home game vs. the Panthers with a playoff birth on the line. My money would be on Atl. I'm not a huge believer in Cam Newton. A coin flip game at the very least.

so it's not unlikely if it's a coin flip

Plus Atlanta has some nice wins on their resume. You never know if a team lays an egg VS a bad team if it continues. They have a good enough team to win both games.

10 years ago I would have been happy with a chance at a playoff. How things change.

10 years ago I would have been happy with a chance at a playoff. How things change.

Yup. Lions should have a least 2 more wins this year. Frustrating under Caldwell the lions are 4--23 verses teams with a over .500 record. Team plays up and down to its competition. It's just not good enough . Now if we could reel off 8 wins in a row they would build a statue of Jimmy C. In Detroit.
It's like that article about John Gruden and his trade from the Raiders to Tampa Bay. One of his former players said. One Super Bowl win is worth 20 Years of mediocrity, and hell we have had over 50 years of Lions football.

Last edited:
Yup. Lions should have a least 2 more wins this year. Frustrating under Caldwell the lions are 4--23 verses teams with a over .500 record. Team plays up and down to its competition. It's just not good enough . Now if we could reel off 8 wins in a row they would build a statue of Jimmy C. In Detroit.
It's like that article about John Gruden and his trade from the Raiders to Tampa Bay. One of his former players said. One Super Bowl win is worth 20 Years of mediocrity, and hell we have had over 50 years of Lions football.

So we need 3 Super Bowls.

Yes exactly !!!!

I saw 4 Wings cups, 3 Pistons championships, and 2 Tigers ' world series. A couple Michigan Panthers titles, a Michigan Wolverines championship (football & basketball). Go further you could add the Detroit Shock.

Lions stink.

T

You wouldn't watch the game anyways. You don't even care. You don't even want them in the playoffs? Why the fuck do you even bother being on this board? Your life that pathetic? Lol...

Last edited:
I saw 4 Wings cups, 3 Pistons championships, and 2 Tigers ' world series. A couple Michigan Panthers titles, a Michigan Wolverines championship (football & basketball). Go further you could add the Detroit Shock.

Lions stink.

Since I'm not really a fan of anything cept MLB and NFL I've seen

1 Tigers World Series win 2 lost
1 Lions playoff win

Not a very long list, I do remember being a very optimist kid though in 84 always was thinking here is how they can still win each and every game they were behind in. Somewhere along the way the Lions turned me into a glass half empty miserable pessimistic fk. Not really sure just which moment did it, it may be started when Barry quit that crushed me at the time but idk know for sure

Last edited:
T

You wouldn't watch the game anyways. You don't even care. You don't even want them in the playoffs? Why the fuck do you even bother being on this board? Your life that pathetic? Lol...

Dude, you need to stop basing everything on sports and turning that into calling someone's life pathetic. That's pretty bad. I have more respect for people that know their limits and don't become so wrapped up in sports that they get in fights at stadiums, smash TVs, get angry at others, let it ruin their day. There are a lot of people in the world like that, and it is absolutely no way to live.

I enjoy talking about the team. I hope they do well. I think that's why we are all here.

Dude, you need to stop basing everything on sports and turning that into calling someone's life pathetic. That's pretty bad. I have more respect for people that know their limits and don't become so wrapped up in sports that they get in fights at stadiums, smash TVs, get angry at others, let it ruin their day. There are a lot of people in the world like that, and it is absolutely no way to live.

I enjoy talking about the team. I hope they do well. I think that's why we are all here.

You have a very similar username to this guy who posts on the Michigan board; all he does is whine and complain about the Michigan football team; one would think he didn't pay attention to anything else.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21818693/green-bay-packers-shut-aaron-rodgers-qb-placed-ir

Zero excuses to not finish 10-6.

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Aaron Rodgers is done for the season.

With the Green Bay Packers out of the playoffs, they're not taking any more chances with the two-time NFL MVP's right collarbone. They placed him on injured reserve Tuesday.

Rodgers, who missed seven games after he broke his right clavicle on Oct. 15 at Minnesota, returned Sunday against the Panthers. But after the Packers lost at Carolina and the Falcons won on Monday night, Green Bay (7-7) was eliminated from playoff consideration with two games to play. It's the first time the Packers will miss the postseason since Rodgers' first year as a starter (2008).

Tony cracks me up everytime I read one of his rants I laugh all the way through it, that's a good thing it don't laugh that often.. we need more Tony's here keeps the place lively and fun.

Tinsel is funny sometimes to, sometimes

Ok everybody zip it now oak island starts in a few mins those MI guys will eventually find it I think

Last edited:
Tony cracks me up everytime I read one of his rants I laugh all the way through it, that's a good thing it don't laugh that often.. we need more Tony's here keeps the place lively and fun.

He's like that guy who makes a joke, disagrees with a post or two but doesn't actually talk sports and then leaves. I wonder if he can even converse with others.

Lions stink.

Yup. Sure would be nice to get the Lions on the board. Sadly this is a perfect year to win it all. There is no real great team . Eagles are using a backup. The Vikings are using a back up to the back up. We played the Steelers, Vikiings, saints, Falcons, and Panthers close enough to win each game . Man if we could just get in we could make a run. Frustrating the Vikings won the divison and not us.
The afc stinks . Lions could win it all if they get in with how weak the field will be.

I will be so pissed if the Rams, Jags or Panthers win the super bowl . I really do not have many teams to root for . Man what a waste if we don't make it.

Last edited:
Back