Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions

Old 12-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #11

I've seen bad losses VS backup QB in the past that kept us from playoffs I suspect this season too be no different.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-19-2017, 12:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKP View Post
I see a lot of Detroit making the playoffs in all these scenarios
All about 10-6 Seattle/Dallas, they are the Lions ticket into the playoffs. Without them, the Lions don’t have much of a chance unless Atlanta loses out.

We’ll basically have to root for the winner of the Seattle/Dallas game in week 17. Seattle gets the Cards, Dallas gets the Eagles (who may be resting players). Bucs too, they’ll be a major factor the next two weeks.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandy View Post
All about 10-6 Seattle/Dallas, they are the Lions ticket into the playoffs. Without them, the Lions don’t have much of a chance unless Atlanta loses out.

We’ll basically have to root for the winner of the Seattle/Dallas game in week 17. Seattle gets the Cards, Dallas gets the Eagles (who may be resting players). Bucs too, they’ll be a major factor the next two weeks.
I suspect a Dallas win this week is the way to go. Plus the Eagles still have the top seed to play for.

Edit: Actually SEATTLE winning would be best bet.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Last edited by Mitchrapp; 12-19-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #14

Thanks Grandy .. I feel the best way is Atlanta to lose to the saints and a panthers for the lions. This seems the most plausible. Just wanted to many other combinations. Plus that is the hardest schedule . Because I do not see the Bucs helping .
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Last edited by biggunsbob; 12-19-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandy View Post

Seattle/Dallas has a good shot at 10-6 really for one of them. It's basically the winner, winning another game. Both could win in Week 17

Atlanta losing out is pretty high too. At Saints and hot Carolina team

Going to be exciting. Lions will focus on the Bengals first. Bengals D has talent. Atkins, Dunlap, Lawson, Michael Johnson. Injuries at LB and back end though
Old 12-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKP View Post
Seattle/Dallas has a good shot at 10-6 really for one of them. It's basically the winner, winning another game. Both could win in Week 17

Atlanta losing out is pretty high too. At Saints and hot Carolina team

Going to be exciting. Lions will focus on the Bengals first. Bengals D has talent. Atkins, Dunlap, Lawson, Michael Johnson. Injuries at LB and back end though
Bengals have been getting their ass kicked.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #17

The Bengals are absolute trash right now, I’m not worried at all about this week. If the Lions lose Sunday, their elimination is well-deserved.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #18

I don't trust this team in any week. I would not be the least bit shocked to see Cincy win.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:41 PM   #19

If the Bears can put 40 on them with a rook QB the Lions should be okay.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #20

Bob has it right, the best most plausible option now would be for the Lions to win out and for the Falcons to lose their last two, then we are in. I think that is yet a 50/50 possibility.

If the Lions don't end up making it i'm not going to be too upset about it cuz they'll 'd just get their asses kicked in MIN, PHIL, NO or LA anyway. what fun is that.

Last edited by tigermud; 12-19-2017 at 01:47 PM.