Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions

Old 12-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermud View Post
Bob has it right, the best most plausible option now would be for the Lions to win out and for the Falcons to lose their last two, then we are in. I think that is yet a 50/50 possibility.

If the Lions don't end up making it i'm not going to be too upset about it cuz they'll 'd just get their asses kicked in MIN, PHIL, NO or LA anyway. what fun is that.
exactly...this is pretty much the only realistic scenario that the Lions make it (making the assumption that the Lions win out)

I don't think it's likely that the Falcons lose out. They are a 6 point dog this week @ NO but I think they will be favored in the final game of the year (Carolina at home)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #22

Carolina beat the Falcons already this year. Panthers are hot and beat the Vikings and Rodgers Packers.

It is likely the Falcons lose out. Bucs just missed a FG to tie last night
Old 12-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKP View Post
Carolina beat the Falcons already this year. Panthers are hot and beat the Vikings and Rodgers Packers.

It is likely the Falcons lose out. Bucs just missed a FG to tie last night
home game vs. the Panthers with a playoff birth on the line. My money would be on Atl. I'm not a huge believer in Cam Newton. A coin flip game at the very least.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
home game vs. the Panthers with a playoff birth on the line. My money would be on Atl. I'm not a huge believer in Cam Newton. A coin flip game at the very least.
so it's not unlikely if it's a coin flip
Old 12-19-2017, 02:34 PM   #25

Plus Atlanta has some nice wins on their resume. You never know if a team lays an egg VS a bad team if it continues. They have a good enough team to win both games.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 12-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #26

10 years ago I would have been happy with a chance at a playoff. How things change.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 12-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
10 years ago I would have been happy with a chance at a playoff. How things change.
Yup. Lions should have a least 2 more wins this year. Frustrating under Caldwell the lions are 4--23 verses teams with a over .500 record. Team plays up and down to its competition. It's just not good enough . Now if we could reel off 8 wins in a row they would build a statue of Jimmy C. In Detroit.
It's like that article about John Gruden and his trade from the Raiders to Tampa Bay. One of his former players said. One Super Bowl win is worth 20 Years of mediocrity, and hell we have had over 50 years of Lions football.
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Last edited by biggunsbob; 12-19-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
Yup. Lions should have a least 2 more wins this year. Frustrating under Caldwell the lions are 4--23 verses teams with a over .500 record. Team plays up and down to its competition. It's just not good enough . Now if we could reel off 8 wins in a row they would build a statue of Jimmy C. In Detroit.
It's like that article about John Gruden and his trade from the Raiders to Tampa Bay. One of his former players said. One Super Bowl win is worth 20 Years of mediocrity, and hell we have had over 50 years of Lions football.
So we need 3 Super Bowls.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
So we need 3 Super Bowls.
Yes exactly !!!!
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!
Old 12-19-2017, 07:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
Yes exactly !!!!
I saw 4 Wings cups, 3 Pistons championships, and 2 Tigers ' world series. A couple Michigan Panthers titles, a Michigan Wolverines championship (football & basketball). Go further you could add the Detroit Shock.

Lions stink.