Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions

Old 12-25-2017, 02:37 PM   #21

I get it, but a TON of money was poured into fixing this line in the off-season. Those guys battled some injuries, so if they are healthy, it may improve things.

The fact they haven't had a RB go for 100 in like a million games should speak to the fact they just haven't had a talented guy back there. For crying out loud, look at Geo Bernard. Dude is an OK RB, and he busted 100 against us, and something tells me judging from the stats that Cincy's o-line is junk.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbsco View Post
I get it, but a TON of money was poured into fixing this line in the off-season. Those guys battled some injuries, so if they are healthy, it may improve things.

The fact they haven't had a RB go for 100 in like a million games should speak to the fact they just haven't had a talented guy back there. For crying out loud, look at Geo Bernard. Dude is an OK RB, and he busted 100 against us, and something tells me judging from the stats that Cincy's o-line is junk.
The OL is overrated, healthy or not. Good running game we still lose games. Imo. We've been trying to fix the OL for years try the other side of the ball..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 12-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
The OL is overrated, healthy or not. Good running game we still lose games. Imo. We've been trying to fix the OL for years try the other side of the ball..
Meh i disagree partially. I do agree I'm more concerned with the other side of the ball. BUT we do need to at least get our running game to average. Being as bad as we are at it can't continue forever. I would say offensively we need to shore up LG let go of swanson get a tight end who can catch in the red zone and a good back. Everything else needs to be on the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited by dtroitlionsfan951; 12-25-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:54 PM   #24

I don't know how you guys expect to have a 100 yd rusher. Everytime we ruin the ball there is 5 posts on the game thread about how shitty our oc is.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #25

Quote:

If the run block scheme is crap, it doesn't matter how much is invested in the players. Fix the scheme with the new coaches and mediocre RBs can look good and good RBs can look great.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtroitlionsfan951 View Post
Meh i disagree partially. I do agree I'm more concerned with the other side of the ball. BUT we do need to at least get our running game to average. Being as bad as we are at it can't continue forever. I would say offensively we need to shore up LG let go of swanson get a tight end who can catch in the red zone and a good back. Everything else needs to be on the defensive side of the ball.
But I'm not sure I'd want any of those offensive guys drafted high. Maybe get a LG in free agency. I don't see needing another TE. If you want TD, and Red Zone targets grab a WR.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 12-25-2017, 03:09 PM   #27

But the Lions don't even have a mediocre RB. They don't have ANY threat. Riddick is nice, but he's a WR playing out of the backfield.

I'm not saying with the 1st round, but they need to take a good RB early.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:10 PM   #28

Quote:
But the Lions don't even have a mediocre RB. They don't have ANY threat. Riddick is nice, but he's a WR playing out of the backfield.

I'm not saying with the 1st round, but they need to take a good RB early.
So we grab a RB, same shit OL - same results. That's what I'm seeing.

Old 12-25-2017, 03:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucke View Post
If the run block scheme is crap, it doesn't matter how much is invested in the players. Fix the scheme with the new coaches and mediocre RBs can look good and good RBs can look great.
I agree. This running scheme is garbage. How many 2nd and more than 10 situations have we had this year? It's pathetic. You guys can rip on Abdullah all you want.....and he isn't great.....but he's not nearly as bad as the Lions scheme makes him out to be.

Absolutely pointless to bring in anyone else if we're going to run the same BULLSHIT blocking scheme next year.

If Jim Brown and Barry Sanders had a love child that got the best attributes from both runners.....he'd have trouble averaging 4.0 yards/carry in this offense.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #30

Well I think we are arguing different stuff here. If the schemes are crap, then you could make the case that ANYONE could be drafted at ANY position. That's kind of a different direction than the real argument.

I think the O-line can be okay. A lot of money was spent to repair it, and sadly those two guys were hurt often.

An elite/very good RB could help mask some of the deficiencies. But yeah, the scheme is like the ex machina with this conversation.