Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions

Old 12-30-2017, 09:43 PM   #11

This is a can't lose situation in my eyes. Win and you swept the Packers, lose and you improve draft standing. It's extremely improbable at the end of this game that I'm discouraged by the results.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-31-2017, 01:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerlovejoy View Post
To be fair.....you could say that about ANY game he plays.

The opposition to your point is if he did get hurt.....he's got 7 months to get well.
THIS isn't any other game though. This is a pointless fucking preseason game. 7 months to get well??? There's no way you're serious lol. You want him to play for what? So he can pad his fkn stats? Cmon bruh...that's crazy talk lol. We already know he's not the problem (Well, the smart ones do). Play your backups. See what you got at the end of the yr...evaluate a bit. This organization is already a laughing stock. Imagine a serious injury to Stafford, Tate or MJ??? The media would have a friggin field day. Fuck Caldwell and fuck the players numbers....
Old 12-31-2017, 01:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sggatecl View Post
This is a can't lose situation in my eyes. Win and you swept the Packers, lose and you improve draft standing. It's extremely improbable at the end of this game that I'm discouraged by the results.
Oh, they'll come out and win because that's what they do. Especially if they play their starters for 4 quarters lol
Old 12-31-2017, 03:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyballs2 View Post
Play your backups. See what you got at the end of the yr
Yep. Get Ruddock some pt, get Tion Green 20 carries. Get Billingsly some reps, rest anybody that has been impactful this year. Quin needs to step in and make sure Caldwell does not fuck anything up on his way out. Its like giving your gf the boot and watching her pack her shit to make sure she doesn't take anything that doesn't belong to her, or destroy anything on her way out

Last edited by kdp1980; 12-31-2017 at 03:43 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:01 AM   #15

Unless they already told Caldwell he's going to be fired tomorrow or Quinn told him to play back-ups to evaluate talent, etc. then Stafford and the starters are playing the entire game.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:23 AM   #16

The way this franchise conducts business just bothers me sometimes. If they've already made a decision they should let Caldwell know. If this pointless game factors into their decision whatsoever, then they're fucking stupid.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandy View Post
The way this franchise conducts business just bothers me sometimes. If they've already made a decision they should let Caldwell know. If this pointless game factors into their decision whatsoever, then they're fucking stupid.
I think Caldwell already knows he's history...
Old 12-31-2017, 12:45 PM   #18

Tony is right but this franchise is clueless. I hope the crowd is thin but I doubt it will be. I'm going to watch a bit then head to a movie. Hopefully the Lions will have a new coach in place soon with a solid draft plan.
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!
Old 12-31-2017, 01:08 PM   #19

The current discussion is McCarthy's weight.....you can tell it's week 17
Old 12-31-2017, 01:14 PM   #20

Typical Caldwell start. Everyone looks lost. Special teams not prepared.....offense looks like the plan WAS to punt! Mission accomplished JBC.......mission accomplished.