Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Michigan Wolverines

Old 01-04-2018, 12:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrnstlr4life View Post
He was not found guilty of anything, so yeah, this is pretty stupid of them. If he was found guilty of the accusations, he doesnt get his buy out. He got his buy out.
Not found guilty...? By who? Judge Judy?

He hasn't been charged with any crime.

Getting "cleared" by an attorney or law firm you're paying for doesn't mean shit. Of course they're going to come out and clear their own clients. See for another example, the MSU thread on Larry Nasser. The same thing happened there.

I'm guessing in this case, UA only hired the law firm to "clear" RR insofar as he was part of the institution and they're covering their own ass. But in reality, they found enough sleazy behavior on his part to decide keeping him around wasn't worth the risk, especially in the current climate.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-04-2018, 08:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
Not found guilty...? By who? Judge Judy?

He hasn't been charged with any crime.

Getting "cleared" by an attorney or law firm you're paying for doesn't mean shit. Of course they're going to come out and clear their own clients. See for another example, the MSU thread on Larry Nasser. The same thing happened there.

I'm guessing in this case, UA only hired the law firm to "clear" RR insofar as he was part of the institution and they're covering their own ass. But in reality, they found enough sleazy behavior on his part to decide keeping him around wasn't worth the risk, especially in the current climate.
I didn't read the cheating part. Now Im open to letting him go, because his private life could be influencing his work life. Although cheating shouldn't be grounds for firing, they possibly were staring at Bobby Petrino levels of sleazy. Decided to cut it off before it happened.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #13

Did everyone read ML's link? I don't think it's the cheating. The cheating is a red herring.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #14

My skeptic side says the University has RR's back because they don't want to be on the hook for any of this:

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...9f1d96.pdf.pdf

Our recruiting director is mentioned in this too. I think people are going to want some clarity on what he knew.

Last edited by Gulo Blue; 01-04-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:21 PM   #15

$7.5 million, jeeze, I should sue the women in the jail where I work. I'm harassed every day of my life, there, lol.