Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dan Enos officially on staff

Michlady

Per Angelique in yet to be named position

Not sure if he is improvement - I don't follow coaches that much

Thought I saw "will have a voice in the playcalling" or something like that - which makes me sad. I do not like the call by committee approach.

Per Angelique in yet to be named position

Not sure if he is improvement - I don't follow coaches that much

Dan Enos, ex MSU quarterback, now why didn't you say so? ;)

Could be good, could be bad. Who the hell knows at this point?

Thought I saw "will have a voice in the playcalling" or something like that - which makes me sad. I do not like the call by committee approach.

That doesn't necessarily mean it will still be by committee.

Just as long as they don't do what they were doing, I'll be relieved.

Harbaugh has resources to lean on here... I know people loved to bitch about Carr's offenses, and presumably if this board was around from 1990-1994, they would've bitched about Gary Moeller's as well. Both of those guys are around... maybe reach out an request a little info about how they handled playcalling???

could you imagine even one of the more disappointing Carr offenses coupled with Don Brown's defense? we would've trounced all competition this season.

even 2001 or so, before Braylon Edwards got there and we had to watch John Navarre overthrowing Jason Avant or Marquise Walker... they could manage 3+ scoring drives a game. Really all we needed this year.

That doesn't necessarily mean it will still be by committee.

Just as long as they don't do what they were doing, I'll be relieved.

Harbaugh has resources to lean on here... I know people loved to bitch about Carr's offenses, and presumably if this board was around from 1990-1994, they would've bitched about Gary Moeller's as well. Both of those guys are around... maybe reach out an request a little info about how they handled playcalling???

could you imagine even one of the more disappointing Carr offenses coupled with Don Brown's defense? we would've trounced all competition this season.

even 2001 or so, before Braylon Edwards got there and we had to watch John Navarre overthrowing Jason Avant or Marquise Walker... they could manage 3+ scoring drives a game. Really all we needed this year.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. The defense was/is very good, but has the tendency to get gashed by big plays. An "average" offense wouldn't have won the game against Penn State or Ohio State. MAYBE Wisconsin, but who knows. Both teams sucked in the M v MSU game, that was just horrific playcalling.

Even when the playcalling was disappointing, at least Carr's offense always had a good to great o-line.

I never recall saying "our offensive line has no idea how to pick up a stunt, delayed blitz, or twist" during the Carr or Moeller years. Now I say it 20-35 times every game.

Carr had a solid set of QBs too.

Scott Dreisbach - undrafted, but signed.
Brian Griese - 3rd round draft pick.
Tom Brady - 6th round draft pick.
Drew Henson - woulda, shoulda, coulda.
John Navarre - 7th round.
Chad Henne - 2nd round.

Carr had a solid set of QBs too.

Scott Dreisbach - undrafted, but signed.
Brian Griese - 3rd round draft pick.
Tom Brady - 6th round draft pick.
Drew Henson - woulda, shoulda, coulda.
John Navarre - 7th round.
Chad Henne - 2nd round.

Definitely. Having good to great o-lines really helps the QB position. It's beneficial to not think you are going to have to run for your life every time you drop back.

Enos will start as WR Coach/assistant on a 4-year deal. Base is $150k, but bumps up to $750k if “coordinator” is added to his title.

Last edited:
Enos will start as WR Coach/assistant on a 4-year deal. Base is $150k, but bumps up to $750k if ?coordinator? is added to his title.

seemed pretty low to me, so I wondered if something else was going on. I read in the Freep Arkansas still owes him over $2MM, so they're basically paying his salary for us.

seemed pretty low to me, so I wondered if something else was going on. I read in the Freep Arkansas still owes him over $2MM, so they're basically paying his salary for us.
Or he gets the coordinator title when Pep hits the bricks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Back