Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Michigan Wolverines
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #141
MSUMatt28   MSUMatt28 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,204
Boy, that was a screw job so say the least, but I expect nothing less from Big Ten officials. The slap out of bounds was ridiculous and the foul call at the end though I guess technically probably a foul, you just don't call that at that point of the game with the score tied.



Login or Register to Remove Ads
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:41 AM   #142
dubbsco   dubbsco is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUMatt28 View Post
Boy, that was a screw job so say the least, but I expect nothing less from Big Ten officials. The slap out of bounds was ridiculous and the foul call at the end though I guess technically probably a foul, you just don't call that at that point of the game with the score tied.
After the review went past 2 minutes, I was resigned to the fact that Purdue was winning that game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #143
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbsco View Post
After the review went past 2 minutes, I was resigned to the fact that Purdue was winning that game.
I was after they used the foul they had to give a bit too late, and then Mo got called defending Haas.

The thought that haas might miss the front end of that 1-1 didn't occur to me.

also: I didn't think it at the time, but goddamn if the replays didn't show how close Mathew's desperate heave came to winning it.
__________________
"...Killer Mike has never killed anybody. It's just, he's a killer rapper."
- Bernie Sanders
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #144
dubbsco   dubbsco is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
I was after they used the foul they had to give a bit too late, and then Mo got called defending Haas.

The thought that haas might miss the front end of that 1-1 didn't occur to me.

also: I didn't think it at the time, but goddamn if the replays didn't show how close Mathew's desperate heave came to winning it.
I really would have liked a timeout as soon as he got close to the sideline. Still would have had a couple seconds for a better look.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:36 PM   #145
gobluebigjon   gobluebigjon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 6,837
Go figure sparty gets bailed out on a garbage call at the end of the game...could have lost to Rutgers
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:19 AM   #146
wlvrnstlr4life   wlvrnstlr4life is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,847
Blew a 20 point and we lose with the refs deciding the game at the end. Could be 5-0 in Big10 play. Fuuuuck!! Well, this sucks. Now we have to go to Purdue and we have E. Lansing this weekend.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Top      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.