Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Welcome to the NEW DetroitSportsForum.com!

Anyone else having trouble getting threads to show as "read"?

I keep going back to threads that are bolded and thinking there has been new posts, but then I notice there is not.

For some reason it thinks some I have been on, and, or even posted on have new posts when they don't, double clicking the icon outside the sub boards does not seem to change it.

Known problem. I usually just click Make All Read but that's a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Well, after reading the last new message, if you visit the specific forum again by clicking on the forum shortcut at the top, then going on to the next forum or back to the main page, the previous forum will show as read.

Not ideal, but when done reading the last new message, I use the "top" link to get back to the top of the page, then click the link of the same forum. After it displays again, if you now go back to the main page the forum will show as gray meaning all messages are read.

May I have my name adjusted. I would like it to read

LionsFTW

Thanks in advance!

Anyone else having trouble getting threads to show as "read"?

I keep going back to threads that are bolded and thinking there has been new posts, but then I notice there is not.

For some reason it thinks some I have been on, and, or even posted on have new posts when they don't, double clicking the icon outside the sub boards does not seem to change it.

I've had that problem too, chalked it up to the 20 sec refresh time.

Seems like if I go to a forum...say 'Politics' and if I read all the unread items and then scroll to the bottom of that particular section it will then show as unread on the main screen...kind of odd, but it works. I do find it humorous though that if I create a new thread, and it's the only new thread in a section, that when I exit that area it shows an unread thread even though I created it...

It might also be related to the clock which is a few minutes ahead.

Back