Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Xbox One

I don't get the every 24 hour thing, must be an NSA mandate. I'll probably get both, not right away, but eventually. That destiny game looked sick so if that comes with the 4 at release ill be getting that first. Just saw it will be on both and the old console's, can't wait.

Last edited:
If you have a droid download the smartglass app and you can control it(also the 360) with your phone.

I don't have a smartphone. I might have to get one in the near future, but I've been dragging my feet. I mostly use the wii u controller to drive netflix. I've actually never owned an xbox either, I just liked the look of the new interface (and I assumed Sony would play by the same drm rules.) Now that we've seen the PS4, I'm probably sticking with Nintendo+Sony.

Here is a demo of the Kinect and what it can do (about 12 min). Crazy that the camera is so sensitive it can tell you your heart rate.

A camera doesn't have to be sensitive to detect heart rate. There are some algorithms from MIT that exaggerate motion and changes in color.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rWycBEHn3s

Here's a gif to give you the idea if you don't want to watch the video.
tumblr_m7s26uQPFI1qbh26io1_500.gif

at 2:22 in the video, they show Christian Bale's pulse from a Batman clip and they talk about baby monitor video, so I don't know how high a resolution they need, but there's nothing special about the video sensitivity in terms of color and light.

Last edited:
Tiger woods would be sick.

I've enjoyed Nintendo's and PS3's motion based archery mini-games (esp. PS3's) and would love to see motion based archery in a real game. I've only played a kinect game once and it wasn't my thing, but I get the appeal. I'd love to see the new technology used alongside a traditional controller. Resident Evil more like the original, but in tune with your heart rate and attention so it know when to make things jump out at you or Bioshock where you use the controller for the guns, but reach out with your hand for the plasmids.

A camera doesn't have to be sensitive to detect heart rate. There are some algorithms from MIT that exaggerate motion and changes in color

at 2:22 in the video, they show Christian Bale's pulse from a Batman clip and they talk about baby monitor video, so I don't know how high a resolution they need, but there's nothing special about the video sensitivity in terms of color and light.

From that vid they said they made it public, guess that's the algorithm they used. Pretty cool stuff for any workout type games they make. With the new tech they say with tennios type games they can determine back spin and such based on wrist angle, angle of impact etc.

Yeah it would be a ton of fun to suck ass at golf in a video game. I can do that in real life on much easier courses.

It would be a golf simulator breaking down your swing to work on drawing or fading the ball, or correcting imperfections in your swing.

I remember years ago, a golf game - maybe Tiger Woods you could swing a real golf club why you were playing and it wasn't bad. But a game where you're just swinging your hands or a small sensor seems dumb.

If they were to do it I would think you need two kinects one in front and one by the screen. You would use your own clubs which you selected in the system which were preloaded so they know loft, then say what club you pulled so the system knows. Then you would need a pad that simulates fairway and an area with longer strands for rough. Club head speed determines distance and capturing the club head angle on contact, swing plane, etc. would determine ball flight. In the sand the system should know if you open the club face, open stance etc. There would be a problem taking divots but it should work just like a range but not actually hitting anything. With the current tech its easily doable, not sure how putting would work though.

miscrosoft backed off, they'll go with sony's strategy

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/tech/gaming-gadgets/xbox-drm/index.html

All disc-based games can be played without ever connecting online, and the 24-hour connection requirement has been dropped, according to an update to a May post concerning questions about the new device, due to be released this fall.
Additionally, there will be no limitations to using and sharing games, Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business division, says in the post. People will be able to share, trade or resell their games in the same way they do for Xbox 360 games.

Microsoft is so stupid. Not just because they put this in place then back tracked but because they are scraping the only cool parts of what they were trying to do. If you buy the disc you should still be able to access it via cloud but chain the disc to the download so if someone else uses that disc I lose access to the digi copy. The family share plan was also kinda cool because you could have the game playing on multiple devices at the same time, meaning you could buy the game once then play it on up to 9 different TV's (assuming you had that many Xone's). Basically a LAN party but only needing one copy. Or to take it to another level you could have created multiple accounts given them to your friends and shared one copy of the game, since you could have accessed remotely. All they had to do was make it so physical discs didn't need to check in, oh well maybe they eventually shit their heads out their asses and wake up.

Back