Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pre-ordered my PS4 yesterday...

boogerlovejoy

Ordered 3. (1 myself, paid two other people to buy one also). Do you guys think it is a good move or will I be left with $800 worth of PS4 I cant unload?

How much are you expecting to sell them for? IMO, I can't imagine you'll sell them much more than retail..

I think they will produce quite a few at the start and the re-sell market will be slow. So to speak.

Considering they come out just Before Xmas I was hoping to make around $200 a piece. Gonna let it get to around December 15th before I put it on eBay. Would be nice to make more, though.

Though I bought the PS3 about 4 months after they initially came out. They seemed, at the time, to limit stores with about 4-6 copies of the console back then and were hard to find.

Edit: But I think that was their problem. If they really want to "win" the console war they will have a huge supply at release.

Last edited:
If they really want to "win" the console war they will have a huge supply at release.

Don't think that will be a problem, xbox wont be available in some contries/regions (like asia) until the end of 2014 and with the constant check in BS they won't work if people in those regions buy in the secondary market.

As far as picking up extra PS4's to sell, thats a good move. Sony has already said demand may outstrip supply. If you can sell overseas you should make a killing.

Though I bought the PS3 about 4 months after they initially came out. They seemed, at the time, to limit stores with about 4-6 copies of the console back then and were hard to find.

Edit: But I think that was their problem. If they really want to "win" the console war they will have a huge supply at release.

IF they want to win? Microsoft has done a better job at advertising for Sony than SONY has.

Always online, 24 hour check-in, DRM (Makes reselling/trading games difficult), more expensive, less powerful. Even one of their upper management guys told an interviewer (and it's on youtube if you don't believe me) when asked about people who don't have internet or internet issues, "We have a solution for that, it's called the Xbox 360."

They literally took a dump on their consumers. Fuck Xbox.

You might be right. And if I have an aching for PS4 on release I might be hitting up booger to get one.

You might be right. And if I have an aching for PS4 on release I might be hitting up booger to get one.

I'd be happy to help.

Bought mine through Best Buy. They gave me a guaranteed date range. Don't remember the exact dates....but it was within 5 days of the release date.

Now the real sales job will be convincing the Mrs. that I need 2 copies of Madden....one for each system.

Release date: November 15. Day after my birthday so, honey, here's what you need to do..?

Mine is being shipped at this moment, so this time tomorrow .. I'll still be waiting as I seem to get deliveries about 3-4 PM.

Back