Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The "What Are You Listening To Now" Thread

Volbeat at the moment. Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies album.

Been on a Jazz kick the last few days. Using Google Play Music, and hitting the Jazz for Reading station.

Been fantastic too. I highly recommend it for any of you jazz buffs out there.

The "Animals" album by Pink Floyd in it's (only 50 or so minute) entirety.

Sandwiched between Wish You Were Here and The Wall, I've always thought it was really underrated.

Been on a Jazz kick the last few days. Using Google Play Music, and hitting the Jazz for Reading station.

Been fantastic too. I highly recommend it for any of you jazz buffs out there.

I don't know if you like soft jazz, bebop, or out there,
My favorites have been John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Eric Dolphy, Roland Kirk, Hank Mobley, Elvin Jones, Charles Mingus, Yusef Lateef.

I don't know if you like soft jazz, bebop, or out there,
My favorites have been John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Eric Dolphy, Roland Kirk, Hank Mobley, Elvin Jones, Charles Mingus, Yusef Lateef.

I don't know much about jazz.

But I had a bottle of Dogfish Head's Bitches Brew, so I drank it while listening to the album it was named after. At that time, I thought jazz was exceedingly deep and complex and would require my full attention to appreciate. Then I listened to some random jazz. There's a world of difference between any random jazz and what jazz is capable of.

The album or the song? both are classics, (although that's not the best song on the album)

The album. "When Johnny Strikes up the Band" and, of course, "Lawyers, Guns, and Money" are my favorites.

However I like the album "Warren Zevon" the most.

Back