Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Standings.

biggunsbob

East has 16 teams and thirteen of the sixteen team are over.500, and Toronto is only two games under .500

West has 14 team (Which is stupid not to have equal numbers) and of the fourteen teams
Ten of the fourteen teams are over .500 and Vancover is at .500 at 17-17-10. Calgary is
20-20-2 and at .500. Winnipeg is 20-21-3.. Edmonton is 17-23-4. So only two teams right now art under ,500 in the west..

Parity at its best..

http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings/_/group/2

East has 16 teams and thirteen of the sixteen team are over.500, and Toronto is only two games under .500

West has 14 team (Which is stupid not to have equal numbers) and of the fourteen teams
Ten of the fourteen teams are over .500 and Vancover is at .500 at 17-17-10. Calgary is
20-20-2 and at .500. Winnipeg is 20-21-3.. Edmonton is 17-23-4. So only two teams right now art under ,500 in the west..

Parity at its best..

http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings/_/group/2

how can you say a team that has 17 wins, 17 losses and 10 overtime losses is a .500 team? They have 17 wins and 27 losses.

how can you say a team that has 17 wins, 17 losses and 10 overtime losses is a .500 team? They have 17 wins and 27 losses.

I would say because an overtime loss earns one point, and a regulation loss earns no point.

EDIT: That's 44 points out of 88 possible points.

Last edited:
getting a point for an overtime loss is so stupid

You probably are more acquainted with hockey than I.

That said, regulation ties used to end with both teams getting a point when some games ended in ties.

Those were the rules for years and years.

So I guess when the NHL went to its no tie format, they wanted to keep awarding a point for what would have been a point still.

What can I tell ya? I hear some hockey fans say that deciding games with shootouts is stupid.

Back