Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Northwestern game

What a dumbass!!!! Why throw it up like that on 2nd down???????? Are you fucking kidding me???

Well that sucked. But as soon as they made the two point conversation I knew it was done.

Even if you panic and think you have to throw it up, why the fuck would you throw it to your tight end who'd got 2 guys on him???? You had Davis with 1 guy on him right fucking in front of you!!

Offense let us down in the second half, but some of the blame definetly goes on the defense in overtime. You couldn't stop them even once? Pathetic. Frey is a sorry excuse for a linebacker and the fact that he gets brought up as an "impact player" every fucking game is laughable. Dude got exposed at least 5 times today, 3 of which were for TDs

Shitty ending but we got outplayed all game and were fortunate to even get to OT. Bad decision by lewerke for sure, also overthrew like 5 guys wide open by my count in the second half. Run game was a disgrace as well.

The real issue was the defense. An absolute sieve, where the hell was the pressure at any point in the game??? Mix it up for Christ?s sake.

Offense let us down in the second half, but some of the blame definetly goes on the defense in overtime. You couldn't stop them even once? Pathetic. Frey is a sorry excuse for a linebacker and the fact that he gets brought up as an "impact player" every fucking game is laughable. Dude got exposed at least 5 times today, 3 of which were for TDs

the defense is just as much to blame - coughing up 10 pts in 10mins in the 2nd qtr. and giving up several long scoring drives with blown coverages and stupid penalties was pathetic. NW is a poorly coached shit team and they outplayed us plain and simple. I read an article about how we were forced to take a bus because of plane troubles and how that might affect and I was thinking NW is so bad, if we are half as good as our ranking, we should be able to walk to Evanston and still beat them. this was a horrible let down with heaps of blame to go on all sides. Coghlin sucks, Lewerke had a crap game, Frey is a backup MAC linebacker, white dropped a bunch of passes, Scott was 2 steps behind NW receivers on virtually every 3rd and long, the middle of the field was more open than a driving range. they were pathetic and if they play like that next week they're gonna be down 28 at half time - if they're lucky!

Last edited:

I couldn't agree more. he'll make multiple mistakes over-pursuing, blowing contain, blowing coverage or committing a stupid penalty at a crucial time but he'll get a sack on a clean-up tackle and next week he's listed as an impact player. losing or benching him would be addition by subtraction - he's our Kent Benson.

edit: actually, come to think of it, he is an impact player but he should be named as one for the opposing offense, not our defense...

Last edited:
Shitty ending but we got outplayed all game and were fortunate to even get to OT. Bad decision by lewerke for sure, also overthrew like 5 guys wide open by my count in the second half. Run game was a disgrace as well.

The real issue was the defense. An absolute sieve, where the hell was the pressure at any point in the game??? Mix it up for Christ’s sake.

seems like we blitzed more in a qtr against uofm than we did all day including 3 OTs against NW. granted they have a better offense (how sad is that for uofm?) but wtf? with 10 mins left in the 2nd qtr we were playing like we had a 20 pt lead with 7 minutes to go in the game.

Last edited:
Back