Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Basketball early games thread

I just hope Izzo wins a championship and retires. Being loyal to older players is so fucking frustrating. His offense has sucked for 10+ years now as well. The handoffs at the three point line every time down the court is so fucking stale.

Just heard the overrated chant. Is there a dumber group of people than OSU fans?

ward seems to have a bit of punk in him - he got really frustrated and got chippy when we were getting thumped.

The only good thing is that everyone else in college basketball sucks. Did Xavier lose this week? I think they have a really good team.

just awful basketball on both ends of the floor with a hefty dose of bad coaching thrown in. felt a lot like the MTSU tournament game.

I guess we're the 3rd top 5 team to lose to an unranked this weekend - but at least Xavier scored in the 70s and Duke put up 85.

Didn't see the game, but it looks like the team must have gotten a little big-headed over the recent string of blowouts over cupcakes. Also if we are to go by this and the earlier lackluster win vs Rutgers, the team needs to develop some attitude, swagger, toughness, whatever you want to call it, in order to take care of business on the road.

Last edited:
From 1:14 of the first half to 18:45 of the second half, OSU went on a 21-2 run. a tie game went to a 19 point deficit in 2 minutes and 29 seconds of game time. Those 21 points were weird too. 4 3 pointers including a half court shot. 2 points on a technical. a 3 point play. One trip was a 6 point trip.

Team played bad, OSU deserves credit though, they executed a great game plan.

Didn't see the game, but it looks like the team must have gotten a little big-headed over the recent string of blowouts over cupcakes. Also if we are to go by this and the earlier lackluster win vs Rutgers, the team needs to develop some attitude, swagger, toughness, whatever you want to call it, in order to take care of business on the road.

good for you - watching the game made me wish I didn't own a TV.

Last edited:
I know Izzo wants to find playing time for Tum, but I think playing him and Cassius at the same time is a bad idea. They?re both too small to hold a shooting guard on defense.

Bridges scoreless thru 15 minutes against Rutgers, this team needs to get their heads out of their asses

These are the worst Big Ten refs yet. Where does the league find these clowns?

I hope nick ward reaches out to Andre Drummond about a free throw improvement program, because if Drummond can improve anyone can

So no one wants to talk about how trash Bridges has been? He gets a pass from everyone it seems, even the media.

Back