Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Habakkuk Baldonado is a name to watch he's a 2018 DE from FL who is visiting in 2 weeks. Very raw freak athlete who just started playing football a couple years ago. 6-5, 230 lbs with an NFL body. Only a 2 star because he didn't camp anywhere, had 45 tackles for loss and 30.5 sacks this season.

2018 IL DT, Deshaun Mallory is supposed to commit this weekend, 6-4, 310 lbs, 3 star. Had to get his grades in order to even visit. 2019 could pick up a commit too.

2018 IL DT, Deshaun Mallory is supposed to commit this weekend, 6-4, 310 lbs, 3 star. Had to get his grades in order to even visit. 2019 could pick up a commit too.

Mallory has been there all weekend and has a 1:30 meeting with Coach D where he will commit. 2018 CA WR Jalen Nailor is on commit watch too.

Multiple sources (including Rivals) reporting it's a matter of when, not if 5 star OT Devontae Dobbs commits to MSU, he visited again this weekend. Julian Barnett visited with him and was on crutches as he's nursing some type of injury. Huge recruiting weekend that should bare some fruit today and tomorrow.

Last edited:
Mallory tried to commit yesterday, but Coach D couldn't accept his commitment until his midterm grades come out this week. So, if they are good enough he'll be part of the class this week. If not, it might not be until the Summer when he gets in.

Surprisingly good news on the Tommy Bush front. He's deciding this weekend, but it sounds like MSU is still the team to beat. Baylor is the biggest threat. He may visit Texas this weekend, if he does that's a game changer as his mom went there, but they won't have him visit if they don't have room for him.

Jalen Nailor was down to us and Nebraska and Nebraska doesn't have room for him.

Habakkuk Baldonado is down to us and Pitt, his mom favors MSU.

Mallory is still a take, might not join the class until later in the Spring though as he's still not eligible academically.

Wait a mom finally favors MSU, maybe because he isn't a 5 star.

Kid isn?t a freak athlete. Plays too upright because he?s only played football for 3-4 years. He?s 6-5 and built like an NFL DE. His speed is elite. He?s just a little raw. I think his ranking got bumped way up to a high 3 star. Could be a steal, he has 5 star measurables and stats.

2018 3 star WR from Las Vegas, Jalen Nailor commits to MSU. 5-11, 170 lbs and can fly.

Tommie Bush was supposed to visit Baylor this weekend and instead visited Texas. He’s tried to commit to them before but they didn’t have room. Now they do and he will be a longhorn. Shoot.

Bush pulled a fast one, he committed to Georgia. No surprises today. Nailor signed his LOI.

Mallory is an MSU commit, but he won't sign his LOI until after he retakes his SAT.

Baldonado picked Pitt over us.

I really like this class. Full of great athletes.

5 star OT, Devontae Dobbs visited OSU, had great things to say about them and made us nervous, but apparently told someone down there he’s going to MSU. Bill Greene, the buckeyes most reliable crootnick changed his bal From OSU to us. Dobbs is now 92% MSU, 8% Foggy.

Rico Beard
@RicoBeard
Just spoke with 2019 4* #MichiganState OL commit Spencer Brown and he told me regardless of his past visit to A2, he is 10,000% committed to #MSU and he is not flipping.

12:43 PM - Feb 21, 2018
20 people are talking about this

Last edited:
5 star Paris Johnson Jr., the #1 OT in the country for 2020 visited MSU this weekend. His dad coached at Michigan State and earned his Masters. His dad and he are tight with Dantonio. Johnson is 6-7, 275 lbs and is about as elite as a recruit can be. His dad played in the NFL too.

It's an OSU vs MSU battle for Johnson although Bama, ND, and Stanford are also still in it.

Landing Dobbs and then Johnson would be a pretty big deal, Dobbs is the nation's top OT for 2019.

Thanks for the update johnny. I hope if Paris Johnson goes green he will be the next Orlando Pace (but not attending OSU)

Thanks for the update johnny. I hope if Paris Johnson goes green he will be the next Orlando Pace (but not attending OSU)

how about the next Flozelle Adams instead?

Dantonio needs to do better up front. The Allan Brothers were all decent and Jack Conklin was a stud but MD can't take much credit for that one - he never actually recruited him and only offered him a opportunity to walk on.

Last edited:
how about the next Flozelle Adams instead?

Dantonio needs to do better up front. The Allan Brothers were all decent and Jack Conklin was a stud but MD can't take much credit for that one - he never actually recruited him and only offered him a opportunity to walk on.

Jarvis is going to be an NFL player.

The O line is getting more athletic, I think the staff saw they needed better athletes up front. Campbell is a really good athlete for a RT. Landing Dobbs will give us a 4 year starter who is an NFL athlete. Spencer Brown is a great athlete at 310 lbs and will be an anchor at guard. Jordan Reid is also going to be a very good player for us. I see a noticeable uptick in O line recruiting. We're in on a few elite prospects of which we should land a couple.

Also, Michael Fletcher, 6-6, 245 lb 4 star DE from Flint visited this weekend and is nearing a decision, he's a lean to MSU and if he decided today he'd pick us, but Bama offered yesterday so he may want to visit them first.

2018 had a late addition in DT Dasaun Mallory, 6-3, 310 lbs 3 Star from Illinois.

He worked really hard to get his grades and test scores up to get accepted.

Go watch Mallory's HUDL highlights. It's other worldly talent. I cannot believe this kid is over 300 lbs and runs that fast. I know grades were always an issue and he was a lock to MSU for like a year so the services ignored him, and ESPN didn't even rank him. But Mallory is the most underrated recruit I have ever seen. At 310 lbs he runs like a safety. He had 12.5 sacks and 20 TFLs last season playing high division Illinoin high school football. He was dominant when he camped at MSU. This kid is the absolute steal of the class and I will be shocked if he's not a dominant player in college.

Back