Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Next Xbox requires internet connection and prevents used games

i hope MS commits suicide with the new xbox, im already pissed at them for the abomination that is windows 8.

That's good to know..

For sure...they block used games and I may be looking for a new job!

The rumors I'm hearing are that the new Xbox DOES require an always on connection and will also require the kinect to be hooked up at all times to play your games. I don't know about you guys but to me that sounds like a possible major invasion of privacy. Never been a big Microsoft fan and if these rumors are true I can guarantee that I won't be purchasing the new console

The rumors I'm hearing are that the new Xbox DOES require an always on connection and will also require the kinect to be hooked up at all times to play your games. I don't know about you guys but to me that sounds like a possible major invasion of privacy. Never been a big Microsoft fan and if these rumors are true I can guarantee that I won't be purchasing the new console

Never owned an Xbox myself but having the Kinect on all the time seems dumb.

Wow, that is some serious 'Big Brother' shit. The Kinect is essentially a camera, which would be hooked up to a full time internet connection?

XBOX trying to catch you committing 'thought crimes'.

All PS4's will have a camera, not sure if its required to be set up all times but it will have one.

All PS4's will have a camera, not sure if its required to be set up all times but it will have one.

Yes they have the camera but the difference is that the ps4 does not require an always on connection the Xbox does according to rumors

Back