Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ps4

thewolverines24

What does everyone think about what they have heard so far? Personally, I don't understand the excitement over the new controller. I will never use the share button unless absolutely forced to in the middle of a game. I don't know how I will be because I only play with friends at my place or offline, but I hope I never have to use it. I hate the idea of the touch screen. Swiping across a mini-touch screen does not make a game enjoyable to me. I wish neither of those features existed. My lawn, get off it.

That being said, the new hardware is a major step up and at least puts the system on par with current PC gaming. PC gaming will always be ahead of console, but it looks like the PS4 hardware is a major step up. From the way developers are talking, it will also be a much more developer friendly system compared to the PS3. Sony already has a great line up of games and that should only help with adding more great games and that is what it's really all about.

I'm excited to an extent about the PS4, but I'm reserving my excitement until I know if I am going to be forced to be plugged into sharing/social networking while playing video games. That is something that I just couldn't care less about and want to avoid at all costs.

Last edited:
Its all about hardware for me. I don't care for the controller, just give me some hard drive space, graphics and let it be fast.

As far as sharing, if we have to be hooked up to say Facebook - I won't buy it. No way I'm gonna start a Facebook or Twitter account just to play games.

Last edited:
Not sure how the controller will be fully utilized but one example would be uncharted and when a sign is covered in dirt you would use the touch screen to wipe it off. As far as the share I probably won't use it much but it would be cool to see a friend play a game before buying especially if they no longer allow used/rented games.

Not sure how the controller will be fully utilized but one example would be uncharted and when a sign is covered in dirt you would use the touch screen to wipe it off. As far as the share I probably won't use it much but it would be cool to see a friend play a game before buying especially if they no longer allow used/rented games.

The watching a friend play for research is pretty good. Not something I'll utilize often, but still a good idea.

Just expressing my opinion here, but the example for the touch screen is why it doesn't really add anything for me. Just pressing X in a situation like that would be fine. It doesn't add anything to the experience by wiping a touch screen. The touch screen to me is the same as PS Move or Kinect. A shitty gimmick.

Last edited:
Back