Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Xbox One

what do you suggest those of us who don't have media PCs, plan to spend money to build them, or don't have the know-how to do either do?

A set-top box, preferably a google tv one. Roku boxes are also nice.

The Xbox looks like shit literally and metaphorically.

Paying a huge fee to play a used game? I already bought the damn thing

Focus on TV instead of GAMES? Its a gaming consoles if I want Tv, music, movies and gimpy games all in one I have an Ipad.

Always online? My internet is shit

Helllll naw. They dun goofed.

Last edited:
We'll see if ti actually works like it did in the demo. If it never recognizes what you're saying or if it senses input when you're not talking to it or if it's slower than it was in the demo, then I don't care. But if it can perform as it did in the demo, then I might want to control my TV that way.

When you're stuck with someone leaning on you, sleeping, with a dog sleeping on you feet, and you just want to pick out another show on netflix, but the remote's out of reach - this fixes that.

The Xbox looks like shit literally and metaphorically.

Paying a huge fee to play a used game? I already bought the damn thing

Focus on TV instead of GAMES? Its a gaming consoles if I want Tv, music, movies and gimpy games all in one I have an Ipad.

Always online? My internet is shit

Helllll naw. They dun goofed.

I missed that part about always on-line. I think there was quite a bit available on-line, but it sounded like when you bought a new game it was completely installed, and you didn't need to be on-line to play them. I may have read it wrong, but I didn't think that was going to be that much of a problem.

Their need to control my old/used games, however, is crap all the way.

BTW did I get the pre-order price right? $399?

Last edited:
theyve been deliberately shifty on the always online thing. some sources say no, some say yes from what ive been reading since the reveal. heck, i even saw one article where it said it wouldnt need to always be online, but would need to connect at least once a day or something like that.

Last edited:
If its only 400 bucks ill buy 2. That system is worth considering all it does and allows you to do probably around 5000

The XBox One is inferior to the PS4 when it comes to gaming and there are already rumors flying that Microsoft is going to have to under clock the Xbox One because of overheating issues. PS4 already has faster RAM and bus bandwith. Under clocking will just further the gap between the two consoles. Lower clock speeds means lower frame rates. PS4 is going to destroy the Xbox One when it comes to gaming. Oh and don't forget, it has been confirmed that Microsoft will fully utilize DRM (Digital Rights Management) in an effort to squeeze the most cash possible out of gamers’ pockets. Sony will not do so.

If you like consoles for the games, I have no clue how on earth you could choose Xbox One over PS4. It's just a bad decision.

The XBox One is inferior to the PS4 when it comes to gaming and there are already rumors flying that Microsoft is going to have to under clock the Xbox One because of overheating issues. PS4 already has faster RAM and bus bandwith. Under clocking will just further the gap between the two consoles. Lower clock speeds means lower frame rates. PS4 is going to destroy the Xbox One when it comes to gaming. Oh and don't forget, it has been confirmed that Microsoft will fully utilize DRM (Digital Rights Management) in an effort to squeeze the most cash possible out of gamers’ pockets. Sony will not do so.

If you like consoles for the games, I have no clue how on earth you could choose Xbox One over PS4. It's just a bad decision.

I like to grab a PS4 but with the likelihood of EA sports going exclusive with Microsoft in the future (2-3) yrs. I just can't I buy about 5 games a year and 4 of them are made by EA. Plus my hands are too big for those playstation controllers, my fingers nearly overlap

Last edited:
I like to grab a PS4 but with the likelihood of EA sports going exclusive with Microsoft in the future (2-3) yrs. I just can't I buy about 5 games a year and 4 of them are made by EA. Plus my hands are too big for those playstation controllers, my fingers nearly overlap

EA Sports is not and will not go exclusively to Microsoft. Why would they cut off such a giant customer base? It would be one of the worst possible business decisions they could ever make and it's not going to happen.

All they have confirmed is that a new version of FIFA 14 Ultimate Team would be coming to Xbox One exclusively. Woopty doo!

EA going to Xbox. I haven't heard that. I like NHL but Madden is getting on my nerves. The Microsoft exclusives I can always get for the PC. PS has always been free for online play, I like that. Plus, they always had the best blu-ray on the market.

Favorite sports game is PS exclusive, MLB the Show. So that trumps anything EA can bring.

Last edited:
EA Sports is not and will not go exclusively to Microsoft. Why would they cut off such a giant customer base? It would be one of the worst possible business decisions they could ever make and it's not going to happen.

All they have confirmed is that a new version of FIFA 14 Ultimate Team would be coming to Xbox One exclusively. Woopty doo!

The game will be on both console's, xbox will just get some exclusive content, they didn't say what but should at E3. No way EA would go exclusivly with xbox but they could make it so you get more for your money with xbox

The game will be on both console's, xbox will just get some exclusive content, they didn't say what but should at E3. No way EA would go exclusivly with xbox but they could make it so you get more for your money with xbox

You aren't going to get more for you money. You'll just have to spend more of your money to get their exclusive DLC. Which I'm sure will be groundbreaking things like extra uniforms.

PS4 just ended the console war before it started. From IGN:

"But the turning point of the conference was the first and most damaging of several body-blows to Microsoft, which came when Jack Tretton returned to stage and said without a trace of ambiguity that the PlayStation 4 will support lending, trading, reselling, and indeed playing your games on your console in pretty much the same way as we have been since they came on floppy discs. No DRM, no restrictions, no online requirements, and no authentication. If anyone still thought that this was a minor issue for gamers, the reaction to that news will surely have disavowed them of that assumption. In the conference centre, the room went madder than it would have if Naughty Dog had shown up with Uncharted 4.

From there, the attack became more and more targeted. After making it absolutely clear that you can trade, sell, and share PS4 games without restriction, Tretton added that disc-based games don't need to be connected online or check in for authentication – not every 24 hours, not ever."

And the PS4 is priced at $400. $100 cheaper than ShitBox One. All of this with a true dedication to game developers, more and better exclusives, and a machine that doesn't spy one you.

37526505.jpg

Last edited:
sony's conference was awesome, microsoft is wishing they'd used some lube first.

Back