Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wu Tang releasing just one (1) copy of their new album

there's nothing like artificially creating scarcity

RIP ODB

crazy to think how desperate the music industry is to create buzz, Beyonce released a record without any publicity, just made it available for sale with no marketing. crazy to think about the money people used to spend to buy CD's or even singles back when, now it's just streaming.

crazy to think how desperate the music industry is to create buzz, Beyonce released a record without any publicity, just made it available for sale with no marketing. crazy to think about the money people used to spend to buy CD's or even singles back when, now it's just streaming.

Streaming and even illegal ways to get music is so popular because buying Music is so damn expensive. Outside of a bargain bin, $10-$15 for a dozen songs, outrageous. I remember I'd get music from original Napster before they got shutdown, haven't bought a CD since then. Ripoff..

I buy CD's if they aren't super overpriced, and the artist(s) is/are good people in my estimation.

Now a days you can download songs, burn to a CD - walla music in your car. Or attach an iPod. Musicians now a days make their money from concerts and appearances. Still rich as hell.

Million bucks for a freakin album. That's crazy..

Last edited:
Streaming and even illegal ways to get music is so popular because buying Music is so damn expensive. Outside of a bargain bin, $10-$15 for a dozen songs, outrageous. I remember I'd get music from original Napster before they got shutdown, haven't bought a CD since then. Ripoff..

I think the thought of owning and organizing music is exhausting, you have to find the songs you like, purchase them, create playlists, etc. I'd just prefer to pay $50 a year for pandora and customize different stations based on mood, that way I don't have to think and I have the music selected for me based on my tastes.

I think the idea of owning a copy of music is dying

I think the thought of owning and organizing music is exhausting, you have to find the songs you like, purchase them, create playlists, etc. I'd just prefer to pay $50 a year for pandora and customize different stations based on mood, that way I don't have to think and I have the music selected for me based on my tastes.

I think the idea of owning a copy of music is dying

50 bucks for Pandora? Come to the free side, it's cheaper.

50 bucks for Pandora? Come to the free side, it's cheaper.

can't deal with the commercials, it's great, the kids love their stations, my wife and I all have our own.

I don't mind paying a fair price for a good service. I also have Sirius/XM but i have to put up with a lot of music I don't like, it's good because it introduces me to different things but there is a lot of shitty music on XM stations I like

can't deal with the commercials, it's great, the kids love their stations, my wife and I all have our own.

I don't mind paying a fair price for a good service. I also have Sirius/XM but i have to put up with a lot of music I don't like, it's good because it introduces me to different things but there is a lot of shitty music on XM stations I like

For the same 50 bucks. Not bad..I don't seem to get many commercials but I love Pandora.

Back