Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cowspiracy

High fructose corn syrup has many names. They sure like to hide it from the people.

http://hsionline.com/2013/01/31/spot-high-fructose-corn-syrup/
This is the big one, I've seen Gulo mention calories a lot but I think our preventable disease problem is due to sugar as opposed to calories. I ear about 2500 a day but it's a lot of grains, lean meats, vegetables, etc. That's a lot different than 10 snickers bars.

One thing to pay attention to, look at the nutritional content on any packaged food was sugar. It shows the % daily allowance of fiber sodium, all vitamins but not sugar. They don't want to show you that a 12oz can of soda has about 120% of what the who recommends. Thank god for lobbyists

Wife has been vegan for 6 months and I just started two weeks ago. Live baby chickens being ground up live sorta bug the crap out of me... sugar is one of the key for sure
I tell you I feel much better with less dairy,sugar and meat..

Last edited:
This is the big one, I've seen Gulo mention calories a lot but I think our preventable disease problem is due to sugar as opposed to calories. I ear about 2500 a day but it's a lot of grains, lean meats, vegetables, etc. That's a lot different than 10 snickers bars.

One thing to pay attention to, look at the nutritional content on any packaged food was sugar. It shows the % daily allowance of fiber sodium, all vitamins but not sugar. They don't want to show you that a 12oz can of soda has about 120% of what the who recommends. Thank god for lobbyists

I won't flat out disagree with you on this one. When I talk about calories, I'm only talking about weight, not other aspects of health. I think the easiest, most-straightforward, most-reliable way to lose weigh is through eating the right number of calories for your activity level, gender, height,weight, and age. Exercise and and the quality of the foods you eat are important for other health aspects, but for a lot of people, the big problem (or at least the thing they worry about most) is being overweight, so if you just simplify it to a matter of calories, you tackle the thing people worry about.

Back