Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dealt Dez for Javhid

lions2011

5 - 0 in my money league...here's my roster

It is a PPR League....should I have made the trade for Javhid or kept Dez

QB - Stafford
WR - Calvin
WR - Welker
RB - McCoy
RB - Forte
TE - Hernandez
Flex - Will be Javhid
Kicker - Rackers
Def - NYJ

Bench - Owen Daniels , Early Doucet , Jermaine Gresham

I figure during my bye weeks I can put Javhid in the RB slot and Doucet to WR..

Im going to have to pick up a QB for week 9 when Staff goes on the bye.

Wow studs! Tough call there. I think Dez is one of the best receivers in the game when he is focused and healthy, which seems to be never. Miles will cut into his receptions a bit now that he is back and healthy. Best will get you ppr points for sure negating those lost by Dez for the most part, and if he can start breaking some like he did on Monday night you got yourself a steal.

Seems like a good trade for both and could go either way week to week, if I was 5-0 I would have done it just for fun as an added bonus to cheer for during games.

cheeno said:
Wow studs! Tough call there. I think Dez is one of the best receivers in the game when he is focused and healthy, which seems to be never. Miles will cut into his receptions a bit now that he is back and healthy. Best will get you ppr points for sure negating those lost by Dez for the most part, and if he can start breaking some like he did on Monday night you got yourself a steal.

Seems like a good trade for both and could go either way week to week, if I was 5-0 I would have done it just for fun as an added bonus to cheer for during games.

thanks Cheeno....ya I drafted real real well , had the 8th pick overall and took Calvin and Andre back to back , then traded Andre just before he got hurt for Forte....also had Beanie Wells and picked up Steve Smith off waivers after week one and dealt them both for LeSean McCoy.

got Welker in the 3rd round and took a flyer on Stafford in round 5...so far it's all worked out.

Looks like you don't need either of them. Best makes more sense for your roster though given that your WRs are so damn dominant. I will say on my FF team I'd take Dez ten times out of ten given the choice though.

kingofdetroit57 said:
Looks like you don't need either of them. Best makes more sense for your roster though given that your WRs are so damn dominant. I will say on my FF team I'd take Dez ten times out of ten given the choice though.

thanks...ya thats what I figured , I also like to use the extra TE in the flex in the PPR format...lotsa targets for guys like Hernandez , Daniels , Gresham....

Better to have an option to back up your RBs on their bye week i think. Nice trade...

Miles will take away targets once their both healthy in the D.

just traded Owen Daniels to a guy who has Schaub as his QB , got Brandon Marshall in return.

picked up Earnest Graham and Pettigrew off waivers.

QB - Stafford

RB - Forte
RB - Graham

WR - Doucet
WR - CJ

TE - Pettigrew

Flex - Brandon Marshall

K - Rackers
D - Jets

not bad for having to scramble with NE and Philly on byes this week.

Looks like you made a timely good trade getting rid of Best. Im trying to decide if i should drop him or not. He probably wont play too much if at all.

jrange378 said:
Looks like you made a timely good trade getting rid of Best. Im trying to decide if i should drop him or not. He probably wont play too much if at all.

no I traded Bryant for Javhid....I'll just stash him on the bench and hope he's back in 2 weeks.

picked up Maurice Morris earlier today anyway.

SLICK said:
jrange378 said:

no I traded Bryant for Javhid....I'll just stash him on the bench and hope he's back in 2 weeks.

picked up Maurice Morris earlier today anyway.

and Bryants targets dropped as expected with Miles back in the lineup.

How do you get Pettigrew on waivers? Didn't realize there was 10 better options.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]How do you get Pettigrew on waivers? Didn't realize there was 10 better options.

dude had to drop him because of bye weeks...we have short benches only 4 guys.

Back