Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's Good Old American mass shooting brought to you by...

Not sure of accuracy on number of mass shootings. I just read an article that stated 15 mass shootings in all of 2021, but it defined them as more than 4 people. It is this type of fluctuating data that creates conflicting viewpoints. I am not saying the data I saw was right and yours is wrong, just saying I do not know what is right/wrong when there is not consistency with "official" numbers.

They need to have two categories. One for your typical gang banger that shoots up a neighborhood house, car full of people, or at a large gathering and a second for the crazy white guy that goes to work and kills a bunch of co-workers.

They need to have two categories. One for your typical gang banger that shoots up a neighborhood house, car full of people, or at a large gathering and a second for the crazy white guy that goes to work and kills a bunch of co-workers.

you should have written this phrase at the beginning of ur post:

"as a middle aged white person who is never around black people, I feel..."

but both parts of that statement are not true

I take it back...one part is not true. I didn't realize someone in their 50's is considered "middle aged". I guess I'm going to live past 100!

Last edited:
but both parts of that statement are not true

I take it back...one part is not true. I didn't realize someone in their 50's is considered "middle aged". I guess I'm going to live past 100!

I try to be gentle with people's ages since I'm over 40 now, and my kids think I was old enough to be a hippie in the 60's and also fight in WWII.

you could start all your posts the same way so we know that you're bona fide expert on how racist America is and how oppressed black people are. Then you could sprinkle in some of your Chaldean jokes and call people fags or retards to let everyone know how progressive, tolerant and woke you are.

Last edited:
you could start all your posts the same way so we know that you're bona fide expert on how racist America is and how oppressed black people are. Then you could sprinkle in some of your Chaldean jokes and call people fags or retards to let everyone know how progressive, tolerant and woke you are.
eMsxcCpUDfD3gdxcISeSKSzguqWfRP8m_lg.jpg

Thanks for posting this in the correct thread, Tom.

That's good message board etiquette.

I guess I'm glad they're charging the parents here, although I'm not 100% sure it's warranted and would like to see more evidence the parents were reckless.

The papers have reported he was posting pics with the gun in the days before the shooting, had made threats (!!!) and had disciplinary issues the parents were aware of on the day of the shooting. The kid looked a total fuckup, so maybe if the parents were leaving their guns unlocked at home, charges are warranted here.

I hate to think parents need to monitor everything their teenagers say and do on social media, but also I think gun owners need to be held responsible for allowing kids to use their guns.

That's absolutely a risk gun owners should bear, and not everyone else.

Parents on the run. FBI is now involved. I'm reading a lot of damning stuff about the parents, it's hard to believe it's all real but now that they just bailed on their kid to avoid arraignment tells me maybe it's not so far fetched.

Parents on the run. FBI is now involved. I'm reading a lot of damning stuff about the parents, it's hard to believe it's all real but now that they just bailed on their kid to avoid arraignment tells me maybe it's not so far fetched.

the parents sound and look like trash.

assuming the facts reported about this kid's disciplinary history & the parents' involvement are accurate, they were more or less encouraging him.

Such people should not be able to simply purchase handguns on a whim.

the parents sound and look like trash.

assuming the facts reported about this kid's disciplinary history & the parents' involvement are accurate, they were more or less encouraging him.

Such people should not be able to simply purchase handguns on a whim.

nobody should be able to buy a handgun "on a whim"

nobody should be able to buy a handgun "on a whim"

I'd go further and say almost no one in America should be able to buy them, but I didn't feel like getting that bullshit insane "debate" going right now

I'd go further and say almost no one in America should be able to buy them, but I didn't feel like getting that bullshit insane "debate" going right now

Good choice.

Michigan just one in hoops, Michigan plays for the big 10 championship in a little bit, and there?s other conference championship games going on before that.

We can settle that argument once and for all come Monday.

I am ok with the system expanding its background checks to any immediate family who are in school. If those relatives have a history of behavior issues in school then the adults are not allowed to have the gun until said kid is out of school and an additional background check is performed. I would also say that schools should have the ability to then report a behavior issue and the adults at that time have to temporarily turn in their gun until the relative is out of school if the behavior issue warrants such action.

I know Champ is probably stunned by me posting such a comment, so I'll give him a few days to recover before posting a reply.

It was really awesome to see UM and Lions honor the families and win their games. That UM scored 42 points is poetry in motion.

Maybe technology will solve the problem someday...but I think everybody in the wilderness should have easy access to guns without the hurdles they should face to have guns in populated areas. Can we do that somehow?

Maybe technology will solve the problem someday...but I think everybody in the wilderness should have easy access to guns without the hurdles they should face to have guns in populated areas. Can we do that somehow?

I'm actually even more pro gun in the cities. When you recognize how many criminals have illegal guns in the inner city, you have to recognize ordinary people deserve access to legal guns.

In NYC it is far easier to get an illegal gun due to all the restrictions in place.

It is kinda like illegal immigrants. Figure out how to legalize their status so they are properly accounted for as much as possible. The worst situations will still happen, but you can help minimize by encouraging and accepting instead of threatening.

I always find it baffling how the 2 sides do not see their own behaviors as ironic and contradictory when applied to 2 similar situations.

Back