Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ward

Spartan23MSU

The guy has been on another planet the last 4 games. I know these are some cupcakes but 32-34 from the field on a 4 game stretch? Thats pretty ridiculous.

Yup, damn shame that Izzo is still handcuffing him. He's 7th in minutes averaging 18.5(less than last year) per game. That's behind both Tum and McQuaid. That's fucking ridiculous. Last year the excuse was foul trouble. Not any issue with that this year. So now it's that he can't defend the pick and roll. Get the fuck out of here.

In 19 minutes per game he?s averaging 16 points and 8 rebounds. His per 40 minute averages are out of this world.

Yup, damn shame that Izzo is still handcuffing him. He's 7th in minutes averaging 18.5(less than last year) per game. That's behind both Tum and McQuaid. That's fucking ridiculous. Last year the excuse was foul trouble. Not any issue with that this year. So now it's that he can't defend the pick and roll. Get the fuck out of here.

I certainly agree he should get more minutes but the comparisons to tum and McQuaid aren't really fair since there's a ton more depth up front than the wings and point. that said, Ward should be the feature player in the front court and the offense should go through him. the only possible excuse izzo should have is a conditioning issue but that doesn't seem to be he case.

Last edited:
Ward is really growing this year. He still gets tired easily, he was running in fumes at times yesterday. I think he should be a 22-24 minute player in conference play coming up.

He's our best player right now. He plays so hard and he's a monster in the post.

Ward said he was tired during the SS game, Izzo told him that's why he's not playing as many minutes. It's hard work for him to play as hard as he needs to but he's starting to do it.

He's playing late in these blowouts with final four type intensity. This team is learning to bring it game in game out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Also, credit the shooting of mcquaid, langford, and ward. Teams can't double ward since he's passing well from the post.

Also, credit the shooting of mcquaid, langford, and ward. Teams can't double ward since he's passing well from the post.

McQuaid is shooting well, if he can be a 45% 3 point shooter from here on out our offense is basically unstoppable as McQuaid will get open looks regularly.

Back