Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

SWTOR Beta

That's what I noticed in my short time in beta. It was the holiday weekend so I didn't have much time for it unfortunately.

Hopefully they have another one this upcoming weekend... at least their Head Start.

Mad, have you started playing the pre release head start and do you still enjoy it.

Nah, I'm not gonna be playin till after the Holidays. Too much shit going on.

I have a bunch of friends playing who all love it

Great game... taking a long time to level, but oh well. The visuals are incredible. Even though I think they could have been in a higher definition. A LOT of small things that are making it better, too (i.e. hologram calls if you have a quest done with a friend and they turn it in- you get credit, you don't have to run back yourself).

I like some of the cut scenes (main story quest) but the side-quests I ended up getting bored with and just go through them.

I'm playing a Jedi Shadow (hard way to compare it to a rogue class, but that's what it is). I can't wait to explore all the planets. Seems like it'll be a blast.

Level 20 with 21 hours in.

Playing on the Black Vulkar server.

MalFunkShun said:
Great game... taking a long time to level, but oh well. The visuals are incredible. Even though I think they could have been in a higher definition. A LOT of small things that are making it better, too (i.e. hologram calls if you have a quest done with a friend and they turn it in- you get credit, you don't have to run back yourself).

I like some of the cut scenes (main story quest) but the side-quests I ended up getting bored with and just go through them.

I'm playing a Jedi Shadow (hard way to compare it to a rogue class, but that's what it is). I can't wait to explore all the planets. Seems like it'll be a blast.

Can't take too long to level if you're level 20 already.

Ya I had friend who hit max level the first night - they're crazy, but yeah... The casual friends of mine did 8 levels the first night, and averaged 2-3 levels a day there-after.

It's no where near the level grind that previous MMO's have been. WoW for example, took 2 months+ to hit level 80 if you played casual

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
MalFunkShun said:

Can't take too long to level if you're level 20 already.

Heh, feels long. Haven't played in 2 days... been busy. Debating between going out again tonight or bowling. Don't really feel like drinking 2 nights in a row... ARGH DECISIONS!

I have a free month just no time to play. Too many other things, like football :)

Just bought it and have begun downloading

What server are you guys gonna be on?

I have a few from my guild on Sith Meditation Sphere server. I won't have time to play until after Christmas though. With only a few on, most the guild is waiting for GW2, I might just select a different server than they chose. I haven't made up mind yet.

Btw, the download is freakin' huge. They say 28 gigs but some say its about 20. That's still freakin' big. I don't remember a game coming out that big at the get go.

I'm Republic side on Black Vulkars if anyone goes out that way. I prefer WC servers due to so many people doing content at times I work.

Dark side for me. I get sick of playing the nice guys. I'm going to cause havoc.

Yeah, I'd go Dark Side myself. Played KOTOR 1 and 2 that way...even if it was cheap spamming force crush on the final boss.

After downloading, installs which takes about 5-6 minutes. Then you get a small patch, about 200 k. Which ironically installs in 5-6 minutes. Then another patch, looks to be 4.5 g and thats where I'm at. Hopefully no more.

Just played for 2 hours or so..

Level 5, had lots of fun. So far I like it.

What server are you on Mitch? I'm 33 now, kinda taking my time. Few days off coming up, and going to try and hit 50 in the next week.

MalFunkShun said:
What server are you on Mitch? I'm 33 now, kinda taking my time. Few days off coming up, and going to try and hit 50 in the next week.

Meditation Sphere. Level 8 with IA and level 6 with BH. My hard drive blew up on Sunday so i won't be playing for a bit. I'll be getting a new HD on Thursday but then I have to reload all my shit and that could take awhile.

Back