Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

SWTOR Beta

I just got this game yesterday and only played a few hours. Hit lvl 7 but I am definitely enjoying it so far. Have a wife and kids so I am just a casual gamer these days. I am on the shadowtown server myself and playing as a Sith of course! Why save the galaxy when you can own it!!!

I have two characters, both Sith. One is nice and the other is a bad ass, I fk everyone over if I can. He's fun to to play with.

How would a PST server have better raid times? It's 8-9pm here befoer people even get home from work... it's almost 11 by the time people are done with their dinner out there...

I dunno

I played EST server in WoW for all of Wrath and we raided 9pm - 12am

Worked perfect for me...

I like east or central servers. They both work good. I don't game as late as I used to so west coast servers would be bad for me.

That's what I'm saying... You'd have to be on like the 12 or 1am till 3 or 4am schedule... That's crazy

Most guilds raid starting around 8 or 9pm in the evening, and go untill 12 or 1am. Some end a little earlier, some a little later... But generally that's the schedule.

PST would blow ass if you live in the EST imo...

Made it to level 12 with my Sith Inquisitor...Really enjoying this game so far even though I have only played it for two days. It is crazy addicting! Going to have to leave it alone tonight until the family goes to bed as it took over my night yesterday and I did not get my quality family time. The leveling is not a grind at all and I am really enjoying being evil!!! The group questing is nice as everybody still gets to make their own choices during dialog. I am very excited to see where this game can go and I am enjoying the ride right now! I may eventually transfer over to Black Vulkars or another server if my old buddy drops the game eventually as we are both on Shadowtown right now which is also west coast. I live in Alaska for the time being so West Coast was clearly the way to go for me.

Ya I actually had a few people in my WoW Guild who were from California or other Western States because they liked that they could come home from work, eat dinner, and jump into a raid around 6pm and be done by 9 or 930pm. That makes sense to me... somebody from this side of the country playing out there though... I dunno

I guess different strokes, for different folks. I become a bitchy Mad Bomber tho if I stay up too late...

Nobody likes a bitchy Mad Bomber

All I know is I haven't had a quest ask me to go kill 15 birds or a half a dozen diseased cows yet. So I'm happy about that.

:)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]All I know is I haven't had a quest ask me to go kill 15 birds or a half a dozen diseased cows yet. So I'm happy about that.

:)

The worst WoW quests were the ones that asked you to go collect some random body part off of a mob, and then that body part doesn't drop in the loot table every time... So you may need like 5 wolf hearts, but there's a 1/10 chance it drops, so you end up grinding those fuckin things for hours trying to get enough to bring back.

Hated those...

I have had quests where I had to kill "x" amount of "y" guys but it really does not even seem like a grind because you kill the amount of "y" needed on your way to whatever objective you have for another quest....They must have some Guinness scientists working for EA and Bioware...BRILLIANT!!!

michiganmania said:
I have had quests where I had to kill "x" amount of "y" guys but it really does not even seem like a grind because you kill the amount of "y" needed on your way to whatever objective you have for another quest....They must have some Guinness scientists working for EA and Bioware...BRILLIANT!!!

That's the thing. Killing guards or Imperials, well you want to kill those bastards anyway so its no big deal.

Holy crap that stirred this thread up. Anyways, reason I say so is because when I was on an East server in WoW, a lot of the raiding times were around 6-9. I happened to be working during those hours (second shift till 9) and could never really make it. I made it on progression days (which we all know how those go) but never had a chance to earn badges.

I switched to West coast that did 9-12. Something I could get away with a lot easier. Maybe its because I'm more of a night person... even if I've had morning shifts at work the past 3 flippin' weeks. My sleep schedule is screwed the hell up right now. =(

If I were to transfer to East, it'd probably be Veela. Some good PVP guilds there (Fist of the Empire, Goonsquad)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
michiganmania said:

That's the thing. Killing guards or Imperials, well you want to kill those bastards anyway so its no big deal.

Oh, heh, Bonus quests. I love'em. It's really the only time I have to see "x/30 killed" messages. It's a nice change. 35 now! I might start streaming PVP once I hit 50, if I do I'll post something about it.

MalFunkShun said:
Holy crap that stirred this thread up. Anyways, reason I say so is because when I was on an East server in WoW, a lot of the raiding times were around 6-9. I happened to be working during those hours (second shift till 9) and could never really make it. I made it on progression days (which we all know how those go) but never had a chance to earn badges.

I switched to West coast that did 9-12. Something I could get away with a lot easier. Maybe its because I'm more of a night person... even if I've had morning shifts at work the past 3 flippin' weeks. My sleep schedule is screwed the hell up right now. =(

If I were to transfer to East, it'd probably be Veela. Some good PVP guilds there (Fist of the Empire, Goonsquad)

Just a guess, more kids play WoW and they have to get to bed earlier?

ADD will run kids out of Star Wars, I'm pretty sure. That or they'll get to 50 and have no idea about their own character.

Back